The only race today and the last race of the regatta was thrown out. Apparently the boats that participated in the race all went around the wrong course. Something about putting in another mark that the competitors were supposed to use instead of the one that they had already used. I am not exact about the details

I think it used to be that as long as all the boats went around the same course that it was a legal race. While looking this up in several rule books all I could come up with was this:

[color:"blue"]Rule 89.3(a), Scoring
The Low Point System is the default scoring system, and need not be specified. Any other system,
including the Bonus Point, must still be specified in the sailing instructions. Therefore, if the Low Point
System is intended, and no other change to Appendix A is required, the sailing instructions need just say
that the racing will be scored by Appendix A. The rule now answers the old conundrum as to the status of
V3d, 20 Nov 04 9
a race where only the first boat sails the course and finishes within the time limit, only for her to retire
after finishing or be disqualified: the race is now confirmed to be valid and will be scored. If there are no
time limit issues, [color:"green"]but if all the boats sail the wrong course, the race is not to be scored.[/color][/color]

I guess that is that.