Today was a gorgeous day for sailing solo in my Tiger. Winds ten knots or so. I was out on the wire as I find it more relaxing than staying on deck.

As I was coming in from the wire in preparation for entering the cove where my cabin is, the shroud beside me came undone.
This is not the first dismasting I have had on my Tiger.
The first one might have been an act of negligence. It happened when I was away from the boat.

So I started wrapping all rings and pins with electric tape. Then this happened today. I am totally mystified.
I suspect vandalism but am not positive.
In the meantime I am trying to figure out a bulletproof way of ensuring that bolts and pins and shackles do not come undone. Electric tape is not the answer.
The only thing that I can think is to do the same thing that our aircraft mechanics do and use stainless steel wire ties on the pins, shackles and bolts. The method is to put the wire through the (ring) hole and then twist the two ends of the wire together so it is like a braid and then attach it to something and then twist it again. Then cover with tape. If a heavy wire is used, it is as safe as you can get. Also bolts with locking nylon nuts. (nylocks)

Any other ideas?
(My H14 has never dismasted in probably 6 years of yeoman service... Darn thing is bulletproof, hugely fun, rugged, NO maintenance, in fact I feel so guilty about doing nothing with it that I painted it and put a Dolphin striker and upgraded the traveller. All these were just my ego being certain that you can improve on perfection.)

Cheers
Alan F

Tiger