I say don't worry. Those rotomoulded thingies won't be anything other then rentals and kids boats. I have yet to see one actually sail in an event. I did see two of them at a place where there is also a sailing school for small kids. Never mind I was there with about 60 glass cats doing a race series.

Those tupperware boats will never graps the imagination of our thrill seeking youngster of today. The material just isn't right. It goes "wobble" and "pfumpf" when you press on it or hit it. Really gusy today youngster want flashy products and thus tupperware boats just aren't it.

How many mono tupperware boats do you see around ? Heck overhere we need to compete with splashes and 29-ers. Those boats LOOK the part. I'm still expecting to see 80 % of those tupperware boats ending up in some backyard gethering moss after the kids sailed it for one or two times. Again, I have yet to see one actually enter an event or participate in a class event of their own.

I'm really amazed these boat are truly selling so well as I never see them anywhere. So where are they going ?

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands