During the Tybee, on the leg around the cape, I had to piss incredibly bad. I had to piss so bad that I couldn't hold it anymore. It was a pretty demanding day, and I was chugging down powerade/water like it was going out of style.

So I had to piss. I had to take off everything to get to the zipper. Life jacket, harnesss, drysuit, then my stuff under the drysuit. 3 miles out in the ocean hanging onto the back of the boom to support myself so I don't fall off with my piss going all over the boat was not fun.

Not only was it not fun, it took 10 minutes or so of Trey laying the boat down flat so I wouldn't fall off doing this maneuver.

Fast forward to the next day. Gonzo blasts coming between condos and I'm in and out on the trap back and forth all morning. Yesterday's ordeal getting in and out of the drysuit, and how many minutes it cost us, was fresh in my mind.

So I didn't drink enough out of my camel pack. I didn't want to get full again and have to piss and lose us more time.

4 hours or so of coming in and out on the trap and after the second pitchpole (first was a capsize) I was toast.

Also, the only reason I'm not afraid of looking like an idiot is so other people are aware of what can happen when you don't drink enough water when you're on the boat for a long time. Urinating is part of the process.

In retrospect, yeah, I'm a dumbass. I cost myself the pride of doing the whole race, and set back our time an hour at the least. I'm just glad that I'll never be that stupid again, and hope others aren't either.