Joanna,
You and L.O. would be a good fit on the F16. No minimum crew weight, but lots of performance. I can't really speak to doublehanding the F16, as I sail it uni 95% of the time, but it seems to take a breeze pretty well. The controls for depowering (downhaul, outhaul, mast rotation) all work very well as the mast is fairly flexible and sail shape is pretty changeable. I guarantee you'd feel more comfortable in high winds than on the H20 - only because of your combined crew weight.

I like the boat because I can sail uni or double and it is fast enough for distance racing. It gives me a lot of options. It would replace the functionality of the single hander and a double hander you mentioned.

BTW, I stuck around Sunday and let multiple skippers take the F16 out for a ride. The breeze built to a "fun" level, but not overpowering. I did not leave the club until dark. Pictures to be coming soon. I should have done a better job of getting you guys out on the boat before you left for home.

Hope to have an F16 fleet next year at a couple of events at BSC. There is discussion of few more F16s showing up (permanently) over the winter/spring. We'd love to put in a multi boat order and have an "assembly party".

Tom