05/23/07 12:19 PM
05/23/07 12:19 PM
Largo, Florida
papayamon2 Offline OP
enthusiast
papayamon2  Offline OP
enthusiast

Largo, Florida
What's with so many using the Dunedin Causeway for mast-up storage recently? I've notice a growing trend over the past few months, and yesterday there were five boats w/ trailers, etc. that have been parked on the beach (one even with the trailer in the space next to it). When compared with the relatively narrow bit of beach for launching at the end of the causeway, that's a pretty good chunk of space laid claim to by squatters.

Hey, Dunedin Causeway is one of the last places around that's cat-friendly in Pinellas County--everyone in our area knows that. What I'm afraid of is that, after enough complaints, someone with the city or county government is going to get tired of people using up the beach as parking areas for unattended boats (for days at a time) and will ultimately either impose a fee to use the causeway (like the concrete boat ramps in our area) or will simply restrict launching there altogether. Cat sailors don't have exclusive rights to that beach (though I personally wish they did), so we'd better treat it like the gift it is. In the meantime, a few people could easily screw it up for all the rest of us that launch there regularly and trailer home when done.

Trailering isn't fun, but neither is losing the best beach access around!

That's MY rant for the day. Thanks!

Kevin

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Were gonna screw up things at Dunedin Causeway! [Re: papayamon2] #108181
05/24/07 08:45 AM
05/24/07 08:45 AM
Lorain,Ohio
root Offline
stranger
root  Offline
stranger

Lorain,Ohio
I hope everyone that launches there reads your post and takes note!
It has been quite awhile since I was there last, but the causeway was also one of my favorite spots to launch for windsurfing. Even then the locals would make sure everyone knew to keep their gear and vehicle space to a minimum to allow others room as needed. I hope the Local rangers do not step in to police everyone!

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 419 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022