06/01/07 02:43 AM
06/01/07 02:43 AM
League City, TX
flumpmaster Offline OP
addict
flumpmaster  Offline OP
addict

League City, TX
In getting ready for a regatta this weekend I hit a snag with loading rating files into the latest version of sailwave - and found a solution which I thought I'd post in case others found it useful:

I installed the latest version of Sailwave on my windows laptop (version 1.94, build 29). I then went to the US Sailing Portsmouth Index web page to download the relevant rating files for Sailwave ( Tables06.csv).

I then installed this file in default ratings directory (C:/Program Files/Sailwave/Ratings) and fired up Sailwave. When I went to enter a competitor and selected a rating, rather than a list of boat classes in the drop down menu all I got was a list of rating numbers.

I think the format of the ratings file has changed - because when I reviewed the Sailwave help documentation their example files did not match the format of the one on the US Sailing website. I modified the US sailing ratings file to match the suggested sailwave format. I also deleted a number of boat categories, just leaving in the active multihull classes to speed up registering boats as we don't have any of the inactive classes racing in my area on a regular basis.

I then reloaded Sailwave and my hacked ratings file seems to be working - I now see the list of boat classes and the DPN and wind compensated ratings appear in the correct fields.

I've attached the modified file to this post for others to use. I had to rename it with a .txt extension to get the catsailor forum to accept the upload. To use the file, down load it, rename it with a .csv extension and place it in your Sailwave ratings folder (the default is C:/Program Files/Sailwave/Ratings)

Chris.

Attached Files
109948-multihulls.txt (37 downloads)

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Sailwave ratings file - problem & solution [Re: flumpmaster] #108802
06/01/07 03:40 AM
06/01/07 03:40 AM
Gower, Wales, UK
sailwave Offline
enthusiast
sailwave  Offline
enthusiast

Gower, Wales, UK
A while ago I noticed that there were two rating files on the USSA site, one in the correct Sailwave format and one not - I meant to follow it up but forgot about it... I'll check again...

As an alternative source, the resources page of the Sailwave site also holds current versions of rating files.

http://www.sailwave.com?page=resources

Re: Sailwave ratings file - problem & solution [Re: sailwave] #108803
06/01/07 04:13 AM
06/01/07 04:13 AM
League City, TX
flumpmaster Offline OP
addict
flumpmaster  Offline OP
addict

League City, TX
I tried uspn2006.csv (the US Portsmouth ratings file) on that page and while it worked, it just had a code for each boat rather than the descriptive name. Some of the codes are easy to understand (e.g. F31), some less so (HF18
= Hobie Tiger I assume by the DPN of 62.4). That file also mixes the mono hull and multihull classes all together - nothing I'm opposed to on principle, but practically speaking I think most multihull sail wave users in the US will not use the monohull ratings and vice versa.

That's why I created my file.

Chris.

Dave Ingram is my president. tcdyc rules
Re: Sailwave ratings file - problem & solution [Re: flumpmaster] #108804
06/01/07 06:33 AM
06/01/07 06:33 AM
Gower, Wales, UK
sailwave Offline
enthusiast
sailwave  Offline
enthusiast

Gower, Wales, UK
Ah, I see, OK; can I used your file on the resources page please...?

CJ

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 499 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022