08/09/07 11:40 AM
08/09/07 11:40 AM
Newport, RI
wildtsail Offline OP
old hand
wildtsail  Offline OP
old hand

Newport, RI
Hello all I know Joe had many friends and I felt I would send this out too all of you to let you know.

It is with my deepest sympathy that I announce that Joe (Wild Thing)Manganello has passed away this past Tuesday morning.
The wake will be Sunday at the Swan Funeral Home 3PM-8PM in Madison, CT and the funeral will be at St. Margaret's Church in Madison, CT on Monday at 10AM.

Joe taught me how to sail and got me involved with Hobie's 13 years ago. He has had a huge impact on my life as well as hundreds if not thousands of other children who he taught to sail in the 15 years he ran the Sharing The Wind sailing school.
Most of you probably know him from when he used to race Hobie's several years back and most recently (Late 80's and early 90's) his Hobie 21 the Wild Thing. Several of his many accomplishments include running many regattas, assisting with the special olympics, being the NAHCA Fleet 136 Commodore for decades, the U.S. Sailing Area B Rep, a high school sailing coach, and truly epitomizing the Hobie Way of Life.

Joe will be missed by many in the sailing community as well as his hometown of Madison, CT where he holds legendary status.

I'm sure many of you have very fond memories of Joe and i'd love to hear them all.

If you have any questions, need directions, or etc. feel free to call me at (203)915-9915.
-Todd Riccardi

Last edited by wildtsail; 08/09/07 12:31 PM.
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Loss of Joe "Wild Thing" Manganello [Re: wildtsail] #114066
08/09/07 09:36 PM
08/09/07 09:36 PM
Westport, Ma. U.S.A.
Brian_Mc Offline
old hand
Brian_Mc  Offline
old hand

Westport, Ma. U.S.A.
Todd, Thanks for posting this here. I talked to John Smith tonight. He doesn't do computers, and hadn't heard the sad news yet. He told me a few fun stories about Joe, and said how fond he was of him and his wife. He said Joe put on the best spreads at the old Shellfish Regattas. He said he's never seen anything like it anywhere else! You know for Smitty to say that it means those were special days! I don't think either of us will make the wake or funeral. Please let the family know he is remembered fondly up here. Hope to see you at the Island Hop.

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 407 guests, and 70 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022