Even though my crew Ron and I placed 5th we still had a great time. It is so rare that we have a great bunch of sailors in one place. I mean very supportive and easy going while still having strong competition. I even hit the GYC's Commodore's new 4.9 very hard with the pointy end and they want us back next year (as hard as we hit I thought I'd lost the first six inches of hull, but only had a couple of chips in the gel coat - strong boat). Can you beleive it!? My hats off to Gulfport YC and Tampa Bay Catamaran Sailors, Inc. All races started on time and were run very professionally.

Thanks to Big Ed and Beth on the chase boat (setting marks, etc.) He had a great time and even got in some fishing.

Thanks especially to Chuck and Mavis Harnden for coming from the east coast, Kirt Simmons and Geert Ruesing from Arkansas and Holland respectively, and Rick White and Stan Woodruff from Key Largo. Eight boats out of 15 in the country. Looks like more may be coming too.

Jennifer and Seth will do well down south. They do need some heavy weather practice though. However, if it gets below 6 knots Jennifer will give all of them a good run for their Kevlar!!!!

Thanks again to GYC and TBCSI.

You can see the results at the F16 forum.

Michael Crawford

USA #213