Hop To
Brass Monkey - Toukley NSW #181223
06/07/09 05:17 AM
06/07/09 05:17 AM
Thorneside | QLD | AUS
furr_ball Offline OP
furr_ball  Offline OP

Thorneside | QLD | AUS
Quick update, will post full report and results after final day Monday.

Ben & I have raced Sat & Sun.
Karl raced Sun.
Michael did not make it due to rudders being stolen from his boat this week.
I will be on my own Monday for final race as the others have to go home and have other committments.

Races have been triangle | sausage and short beat to finish and Toukley have handled a big fleet well. Up to 5 divisions with 2 for cats, monoslugs, juniors and the Nationals for International Canoe.

16ft plus division is Taipan, F18, Hobie Tiger 16 & 18, Tornado and us Mossies.

Ben has sailed well & is hard to beat. The difference between newer Kevlar boat and our timbers is clear.
Even with my spinnaker I have not been able to properly capitalise on advantage over Ben.

I have had some great reach and downwind legs in full flight with kite, out on trap and pushing the boat further than before. Absolutely adrenalin pumping stuff.

A few breakages of very simple parts on trapeze setup has put me out of 2 races and out of contention.

Weather has been great with sun and warmth. The wind has been variable - even within a race of 50 minutes we have had everything from 5 to 20 knots.

Racing has been strong and competetive with a good vibe on the water.

It has been great to meet & sail with others.

Full report later.

Cheers,

Drew........Furr_ball........Mosquito 1635
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Brass Monkey - Toukley NSW [Re: furr_ball] #181317
06/08/09 07:22 AM
06/08/09 07:22 AM
Bribie Island, QLD
M
MCGriffith Offline
journeyman
MCGriffith  Offline
journeyman
M

Bribie Island, QLD
Good to see you had a great time, i was really dissappointed a couldnt make it down. But yeah, as i said in the other thread, it wasnt my rudders, it was some of my tiller assembly including my new carbon fibre tiller extension, a fairly costly set back for me. I was quite shocked, I literally had the car packed and was about to put the trailer on the car when i decided to do a check list of everything only to discover the missing parts frown I was so keen id left it to the end to check (fortunately i did check) just assuming i guess that it would be there.

Anyway, well done guys, cant wait to make it down to nationals, setbacks or not: ill stick my legs in the water to steer if i have to wink

Last edited by MCGriffith; 06/08/09 07:23 AM.

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 563 guests, and 84 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022