How many ACATS are using a cleated main system vs a non-cleating system? My Boyer came with a ratcheting noncleating midboom mounted mainsheet block, I found it to be quite difficult to learn to maneuver and keep mainsheet tension constant. Every time I'd go in or out to the wire, and especially when tacking in heavier air, the boat would change course wobble or lose just enough mainsheet tension to help me blow my tack. I just switched to a Ronstan Fredericksen Main Block mounted on the boom, and what a difference it makes, Boat enjoyment went up 500% just with that simple change. Just had the best catsailing day of my life, and that's the only difference. I can freehold the main for adjustment, but when I need to get my clumsy butt in or out or over the boat holds its settings and stays on course until i get where I'm going.
Also I see Mainblocks mounted anywhere and everywhere. On the rear of the boom, Midboom (like Mine), MidTramp like the Marstroms, and even mounted low on the mast. I know this boils down to a lot of personal preference, but Seems the farther back on the boom you place the mainsheet attachment, the more you disrupt airflow with tensioning the main causes movement of the boom.
Thoughts???

CARY
ACAT XJ Special
C&C 24