Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? [Re: Mary] #18460
04/18/03 12:44 PM
04/18/03 12:44 PM
jabram Offline
jabram  Offline

"Come Sail Away" by Cartman from southpark. Sounds like real sailor singing.

Jody Abrams
H16 Modified

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? [Re: Chip Collard] #18461
04/19/03 06:16 AM
04/19/03 06:16 AM
South Florida & the Keys
arbo06 Offline
Pooh-Bah
arbo06  Offline
Pooh-Bah

South Florida & the Keys
:Tuesday's Gone with the Wind"
Skynard

Smooth
Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana

Eric Arbogast
ARC 2101
Miami Yacht Club
Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? [Re: Chip Collard] #18462
04/19/03 10:50 AM
04/19/03 10:50 AM
ccat Offline
journeyman
ccat  Offline
journeyman

REGATTA PARTY!!! SAIL ON SAILOR-BEACH BOYS / VAHEVALA-LOGGINS&MESSINA / SAILING SHOES-ROBERT PALMER / SAILING-ROBIN TROWER / SAILING AWAY-CHRIS DE BURGH / SAILING-CHRISTOPHER CROSS / ORINOCO FLOW-ENYA / SAIL AWAY-DAVID GRAY / A SAILBOAT IN THE MOONLIGHT-BILLY HOLIDAY / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-THE PLATTERS / SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE SEA-BOBBY DARIN / SLOOP JOHN B-KINGSTON TRIO / POWERBOATERS VS SAILBOATER-THE GREASEMAN /SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR-JIMMY BUFFET / THE SAILBOAT RACE-JIM MORRIS / SAILING LIFE-ERIC STONE / OUT PAST THE REEF-GENE MITCHELL / SPLENDID ADVENTURER-JAMES WHITE / MAJOR DOUBTS ABOUT WATER SPOUTS-KELLY MCGUIRE / THE WHOLE NINE YARDS-ERIC STONE / SHE SAILED AWAY-JIM MORRIS / SAILING-NSYNC / SOUTHERN CROSS-CSNY / SAILING OFF THE EDGE-STARSAILOR / SHE SAILS-MINSTRELS OF MAYHEM / THE SAILBOAT SONG-MOTORPSYCHO / THE SEA-MORCHEEBA / SAILIN' THE WIND LOGGINS & MESSINA / SAIL THE SUMMER WINDS-LYN PAUL / SAILING AT MIDNIGHT-TROPICAL DENNY / SAIL THE WATERWAY-STEELY DAN / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-JERRY VALE / SEA OF LOVE-DEL VIKINGS / SEA OF LOVE-ROBERT PLANT / SEA CRUISE-JIMMY BUFFET / COME ON DOWN TO MY BOAT-EVERY MOTHERS SON / SAIL AWAY TO THE SEA-SANDY DENNY / WANNABE SAILORS-KINSHIP / DONT SAIL THERE-PYRATES ROYALE / THE SAILOR SONG-TOYBOX / HMS PINAFORE-GILBERT & SULLIVAN / DRUNKEN SAILOR-ROBERT SHAW CHORALE / I USED TO BE A SAILOR-TRACY CHAPMAN / SAILIN' ON-TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS / BIG SHIP SAILING-FREDDIE MCGREGOR / SAILIN'ON-NO DOUBT / SAILING ON THE SEVEN SEAS-OMD / SAIL AWAY-DEEP PURPLE / BLANKET FOR A SAIL-HARRY NILSSON / I'M SAILING-MAZZY STAR / SAIL MY VESSEL-GARTH BROOKS / SAIL ON-THE IMPERIALS / SAIL AWAY-CHARLEY PRIDE / SAIL AWAY-CHRIS REA / SAILING NIGHTS-BOB SEEGER / SAIL AWAY-DIANA FOX / RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET-FATS DOMINO / RED SAILS-DAVID BOWIE / IF I HAD A BOAT-JIMMY BUFFET / JACK WAS EVERY INCH A SAILOR-CELTIC CONNECTION / NAUGHTY SAILORS ALPHABET-FAIRPORT CONVENTION / HE IS SAILING-JON & VANGELIS / SAILING SHIPS-WHITESNAKE / SECRETS OF THE SEA-BILLY BRAGG & WILCO / SMOOTH SAILING-THE ISLEY BROTHERS / HELLO SAILOR-LIZ PHAIR / LOST SAILOR-GREATFUL DEAD / DONT ROCK THE BOAT- HUES CORPORATION / SAILING SHOES-LITTLE FEAT / SAIL AWAY- NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE / SAILORS LIFE-SHEILA CHANDRA / SAILOR-PETULA CLARK / I AM SAILING-ROD STUART / I'D RATHER BE SAILING-LIZ CALLAWAY / SAILING TO PARADISE-PABLO CRUISE / SAIL AWAY-ALLMAN BROTHERS / SAIL AWAY-SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE MCGHEE SAIL AWAY LADIES-SPIDER JOHN KOERNER / SAILORS REST-STAN ROGERS / SAILING WITH THE CAPTAIN-DUST RHINOS / DRUNKEN SAILOR-THE CHIEFTANS / SAILING-U2 / GONNA BE CLEAR SAILING-BARBRA STRIESAND / SUMMER WIND-FRANK SINATRA / THE SAILING SHIP-CRYAN SHAMES / SAILIN'SHOES-SAM BUSH / THE BIG SHIP SAILS ON THE ALI ALI O-THE COUNTDOWN KIDS

(limewire-musicmatch)

Last edited by ccat; 04/19/03 10:54 AM.
Re: Favorite Sailing Songs? [Re: ccat] #18463
04/19/03 11:53 AM
04/19/03 11:53 AM
Jensen Beach, FL
BlowMe Offline
journeyman
BlowMe  Offline
journeyman

Jensen Beach, FL
limewire rules!!

AJ
Express 6.0

How could I forget this one... [Re: BlowMe] #18464
04/20/03 02:07 AM
04/20/03 02:07 AM
Minnesota
Jeff Peterson Offline
addict
Jeff Peterson  Offline
addict

Minnesota
"Mistral Wind" by Heart

Jeff Peterson
H-16 Sail #23721
Big Marine Lake, MN
Ah.... But how do you play the music on the boat?! [Re: Jeff Peterson] #18465
04/20/03 07:25 AM
04/20/03 07:25 AM
Framingham, MA
acceleratedchaos Offline
acceleratedchaos  Offline

Framingham, MA
In preperation for the tybee-500 my brother and I have been triing to figure how to carry over 10 hours of music on the boat without needing to change a cd or battery. Our other big problem is that we need a way to keep the system dry, and power and amplifier so that the music will be loud enouh to hear! So far this is what we have figured out....
The player we have bought is a 10Gb MP3 player... this is about 3x the memory of the songs I have, and is enough to hold over 10000 min of music, or about 4000 songs. It is powered by a lith-ion battery with a play-back battery life of 16 hours. The unit is slightly smaller than a small disc-man and weighs less than a pound.
I next canabalized an amplifier out of a pair small sony portable speakers and re-wired it so that it will accept 8 AA batteries instead of the 4 that were originally powering it (double the battery life, should play for over 30 hours without killing the batterys). The amp and player fit into a small rubermaid container which will seal and keep the water off of the parts that need to 'stay dry!' A small hole has been drilled in the container and the speaker wires thread out and sealed with a little 5200. I then purchased a pair of 4.5 x 4.5 waterproof speakers from west marine which come with brackets to mount the speakers. the thought is that we will mount these right behind the tacktic on the spin pole and run the speaker wires back to the tramp where the 'container' will be stored in the tramp bag with other safety gear.
On initial tests it seems to be working great, and our only problem is that we need to find the volume that is appropriate for still hearing the puffs and other important sounds on the water! Also putting together play lists... we have LOTS of music, but what of it do you want to hear while sailing up the entire florida and georgia east coast!?!?!
Chris
www.acceleratedchaos.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 402 guests, and 117 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,057
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022