Had a 3 day weekend to devote to sailing. Became a great testament to ignoring the NWS. Headed for MT early Friday morn, despite predictions of rain and no wind. Stopped at Coeur d'Alene Lake on the way, which turned into four and a half hours blasting around double trapped on the HT. Quit early afternoon, drove thu multiple cloudbursts in the mountains, and arrived in time to launch Flight Risk before dark. Woke to cold and cloudy, slept another hour, got up and rigged to what looked like light air. Ghosted past a buddy's place, looking for signs of life and finding none. Motored out to the main lake to find a building south easter, enough to eventuall fly a hull upwind and down. Used the opportunity to cover some ground, chased down a few monhulls, and tried to entice a rigged TheMightyHobie18 off the beach in Big Arm bay, to no effect.
Had just decided to unfurl the screecher and head downwind for home. Made the final tack, to watch the rig soundlessly drop softly to leeward. None of the normal crunching sounds usually associated with calamities aboard this boat. Which brings a smile to my face, I've had a fabulous morning, nothing big appears to be broken, the wind sarts to ease, and the sun comes out.
I flag down a power boat to pick up the masthead so I can loosen the base from the delrin ball, gather up the sails, drag the mast aboard, and motor home, still smiling. Turns out an unsecured shackle pin worked out on the port shroud, totaly my fault. Had the mast back up by 6 pm. I'm on schedule to take her out again tomorrow morning, then head back to WA to start on the Stealth repair. Life is good!

Dave