I got a few details on the new BIMARE design.
Compared to the “old” V1 the new V1R features:
- front and REAR beam back 230 mm (9 inches)
- boards’ trunks back 170 mm (6.7 inches)
- more volume for the whole length of the hull but for the first meter (bow). In this area the V1R is narrower
- a narrower deck from bow to stern
- a front beam 5 mm deeper into the hull. This, together with the new seam and the revised decks at the trunks, makes the V1R’s platform 20% stiffer
Then it seems that the V1R tends to go towards the path opened by the ASG3. However, differently from Glenn, at BIMARE they chose to keep with the standard mainsail plan (no short foot).