tampa, fl
K
ksurfer2 Offline OP
old hand
ksurfer2  Offline OP
old hand
K

tampa, fl
I know it's a dead link. Apparently about a beachcat sailor that died while sailing. Anyone know the details?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=8136

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: beachcat accident [Re: ksurfer2] #199359
12/22/09 11:40 AM
12/22/09 11:40 AM
tampa, fl
K
ksurfer2 Offline OP
old hand
ksurfer2  Offline OP
old hand
K

tampa, fl

Phuket, Thailand: Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Englishman dies in Phuket boating accident

Phuket rescue workers transport Mr Corrigan's remains from Chalong Pier to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

CHALONG, PHUKET: An Englishman died yesterday after the catamaran he was sailing in with two friends capsized off Koh Hei.

Chalong police identified the deceased as UK national Kevin Corrigan, a retired former employee of AIG Insurance.

One of the survivors, 67-year-old English expat Bill Dobbs, told the Gazette that he and Mr Corrigan left Chalong Bay in the catamaran owned by another man identified only as ‘Peter’ at about 9:30 yesterday morning.

They had lunch on Koh Hei, but on the return journey, sudden strong winds broke the catamaran's mast and caused the vessel to capsize.

All three men were thrown into the sea. Mr Dobbs and Peter swam to the surface, but Mr Corrigan never resurfaced.

The two men used Peter’s mobile phone, which had fortunately been kept in a waterproof bag, and phoned friends for help.

Within an hour, a speedboat reached the scene and brought the two survivors back to Rawai Pier.

Mr Corrigan’s body was later spotted by other speedboat operators who were ferrying Japanese tourists.

The speedboat operators were reluctant to pull a dead body aboard their boat and opted to radio the co-ordinates over the local marine band.

The sportfishing boat named Reely-Nauti, later came to collect Mr Corrigan’s body, which arrived at Chalong Pier at about 3pm.

Mr Dobbs, a seven-year resident of Phuket who lives in a villa at Friendship Beach, said Mr Corrigan was single and on a three-month trip around the world.

He arrived in Phuket, his first stop, about a month ago. He planned to leave Phuket on December 27 and travel to Ho Chi Minh City, where he had a Japanese girlfriend. From there he planned to visit Australia and Fiji before returning to England.

Mr Corrigan’s body is now at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one
Re: beachcat accident [Re: ksurfer2] #199360
12/22/09 11:44 AM
12/22/09 11:44 AM

A
andrewscott
Unregistered
andrewscott
Unregistered
A

very sad, thanks for the data.
Life is fragile.. enjoy it!

what will i do with my 24 hour gift today?

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 723 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022