03/16/10 01:18 PM
Fulshear, TX
SGalway Offline OP
journeyman
SGalway  Offline OP
journeyman

Fulshear, TX
Good afternoon all!

Does anyone have any recommendations for shops building trampolines? I am looking for a P19 tramp, but my current tramp has quite a few mods that I want to carry over to the trampoline (plus a few more!!!).

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Shannon Galway
Fulshear, TX
YoNav! Flying Phantom
www.yonav.net
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: SGalway] #205814
03/16/10 02:03 PM
03/16/10 02:03 PM
Oklahoma City
ghhm43 Offline
journeyman
ghhm43  Offline
journeyman

Oklahoma City
http://www.slosailandcanvas.com/ser...Prindle-cln-18-dsh-2-fdsh--19/Categories

slo-sails - built a really nice one for our Nacra 5.5 SL

Best of Luck

Gordon

Macgregor 222
Nacra 5.5sl
E-Scow 1975 Hull #1
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: SGalway] #205815
03/16/10 02:16 PM
03/16/10 02:16 PM
T
TurboCat Offline
TurboCat  Offline
T

I hear your the man to talk to about P19 tramp mods. I talked to a guy that i bought some P19 parts off of and he said i should look you up and check out your P19. If youve got time to show off the boat shoot me a PM on here. Ive modded my hulls and about to start putting it all back together. All pointers would be appreciated

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: TurboCat] #205816
03/16/10 02:25 PM
03/16/10 02:25 PM

D
DougSnell
Unregistered
DougSnell
Unregistered
D

I got mine from these guys when they rebuilt my H-17. even when the boom broke and try to eat it, it just put some marks on it and didn't go through. After six years it showed little wear on it or wings.

http://www.multihullnets.com/

Doug

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: ] #205817
03/16/10 02:30 PM
03/16/10 02:30 PM
Dunedin, FL
H
Headhunter Offline
journeyman
Headhunter  Offline
journeyman
H

Dunedin, FL
+1 for Sunrise products - http://www.multihullnets.com/

Had them build several dart 18 tramps over the years.

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: Headhunter] #205819
03/16/10 02:41 PM
03/16/10 02:41 PM
South Louisiana, USA
Clayton Offline
old hand
Clayton  Offline
old hand

South Louisiana, USA
Can't you get them here? Try the online store at catsailor.com

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: Clayton] #205905
03/17/10 09:55 AM
03/17/10 09:55 AM
Key Largo, FL and Put-in-Bay, ...
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Duh! Yes, we are dealers for almost every tramp mfg. in the USA, including Sunrise, Super, SLO, Hobie Amish, etc. Most of whom can add on things you might like.
Just go to www.OnLineMarineStore.com and you can shop by brand (above), by boat, by category or whatever.
Prices are all the same.

Did you read my editorials during the winter, however? This is a really BAD, BAD time to start thinking about ordering tramps or sails. All of these folks get bogged down with folks that have procrastinated over the winter and suddenly want a new tramp tomorrow.
Normal building times are 4-6 weeks, and during the spring you can often double that.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: RickWhite] #205914
03/17/10 11:16 AM
03/17/10 11:16 AM
SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
HMurphey Offline
addict
HMurphey  Offline
addict

SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
+2 for Sunrise Yacht Products

I installed a Sunrise Tramp on my P19MX 5-6 years ago ... I was very happy w/ it upon installation. It is a "Bias Cut" model and therefore is laced only along the stern/aft crossbar. The jib sheets to reinforced patches on the tramp so the "cheese cutter" jib traveler system was elimenated thereby cleaning up the tramp. I also had a large zippered pocket installed just behind the mast for storage ( throwable, (2) collapsible paddles, misc safety gear, water bottles ...)

It's holding up well and I'm still very happy w/ it ...

Oh, imagine my surprise when we installed new tramps on the 43' Trimaran I crew on for the local CBYRA races last year when I noticed the packaging labels indicated that they were produced by .... Sunrise Yacht Products ... it seems that they make replacement tramps for alot of the larger "cruising multihulls" .... I quess that makes +3

Harry
P-19MX/Sail#86

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: RickWhite] #205928
03/17/10 12:43 PM
03/17/10 12:43 PM
Fulshear, TX
SGalway Offline OP
journeyman
SGalway  Offline OP
journeyman

Fulshear, TX
Originally Posted by RickWhite
Duh! Yes, we are dealers for almost every tramp mfg. in the USA, including Sunrise, Super, SLO, Hobie Amish, etc. Most of whom can add on things you might like.
Just go to www.OnLineMarineStore.com and you can shop by brand (above), by boat, by category or whatever.
Prices are all the same.

Did you read my editorials during the winter, however? This is a really BAD, BAD time to start thinking about ordering tramps or sails. All of these folks get bogged down with folks that have procrastinated over the winter and suddenly want a new tramp tomorrow.
Normal building times are 4-6 weeks, and during the spring you can often double that.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick,
You are most certainly correct on the lead time right now. I am "that guy" who goes to the loft and needs something last week... I guess the only good thing is I still have at least a good season left on the tramp as-is. Just looking for the upgrade by fall time.

Thanks all, seems like Sunrise is the place to be!

Shannon Galway
Fulshear, TX
YoNav! Flying Phantom
www.yonav.net
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: HMurphey] #205930
03/17/10 12:49 PM
03/17/10 12:49 PM
Fulshear, TX
SGalway Offline OP
journeyman
SGalway  Offline OP
journeyman

Fulshear, TX
Originally Posted by HMurphey
+2 for Sunrise Yacht Products

I installed a Sunrise Tramp on my P19MX 5-6 years ago ... I was very happy w/ it upon installation. It is a "Bias Cut" model and therefore is laced only along the stern/aft crossbar. The jib sheets to reinforced patches on the tramp so the "cheese cutter" jib traveler system was elimenated thereby cleaning up the tramp. I also had a large zippered pocket installed just behind the mast for storage ( throwable, (2) collapsible paddles, misc safety gear, water bottles ...)

It's holding up well and I'm still very happy w/ it ...

Oh, imagine my surprise when we installed new tramps on the 43' Trimaran I crew on for the local CBYRA races last year when I noticed the packaging labels indicated that they were produced by .... Sunrise Yacht Products ... it seems that they make replacement tramps for alot of the larger "cruising multihulls" .... I quess that makes +3

Harry
P-19MX/Sail#86

Harry,
Do you have some photos of the tramp? This sounds a lot like what I am looking for. Is the forward bag above or below the tramp? I have my rotator moved to the base of the mast and blocked on the tramp. The bag gets in the way when I throw a few bottles of "water" in there. I am also thinking of adding a few more grommets for a somewhat adjustable jib lead. A small bag under the tramp would be nice in the rear as well, a good place to stuff extra sheet and a snack for a long haul.

Shannon Galway
Fulshear, TX
YoNav! Flying Phantom
www.yonav.net
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: HMurphey] #205939
03/17/10 01:53 PM
03/17/10 01:53 PM
RickWhite Offline

Carpal Tunnel
RickWhite  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Right, Harry,
We sell a lot of tramps for big cats and tris that they make. Excellent company and easy to work with, with very good product.
AND I AM A DEALER! www.OnLineMarineStore.com
Rick

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com
Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: RickWhite] #205978
03/17/10 09:32 PM
03/17/10 09:32 PM
SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
HMurphey Offline
addict
HMurphey  Offline
addict

SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
Hi Shannon,

Well your timing is pretty good .... the snow just finished melting around my yard where my P19MX is stored .... it was buried pretty deeply through the month of February!!!! (I live in the mid-atlantic area were all that snow fell this year)

Anyway, my tramp pouch is located on the "topside" .... but I've seen/heard of them being installed on the bottom side. I'll try and get the boat cover off the boat since the weather has "broken" and take some pic's w/ measurements. Another use of the pouch is I coil/roll the rigging up and store it in the pouch when the mast is down and I'm trailering the boat somewhere.

I have (4) reinforced sheeting points per side on the tramp ... a inboard - outboard set with a second set just a little further aft. Each sheeting point consist of (2) closely spaced grommets that have a piece of 1/4" line looped through (I'm going to change these to spectra/dyneema/vectra at some point in the future). On my jib sheet blocks I have installed a "spinnacker snap shackle" ... this allows me to quickly move/adjust the jib sheeting point. Also I've installed a D-Shackle w/ captive pin replacing the lowwest clevis pin for the shroud. This allows a additional further outboard sheeting point for when I sailing downwind (note: the D-shackle eliminates the possiblity of "loosing" the lowwest clevis pin ... I've done that once and luckily discovered it just before I tacked back and would have lost the mast ... I think I pulled the Clevis Ring out w/ the mainsheet/traveler when it wrapped around the shroud on the previous tack ... I now use shroud covers or rigging tape that also prevent that from happening now.

Harry Murphey
P-19MX/Sail#86
H18Mag/Sail#9458

PS: If you see a set of Smythe P19 sails w/ the sail#86, I sold them a number of years ago to a Mr Tatten down near Bownsville Texas when I upgraded to the MX sailplan. Say Hi to him for me .... but since Texas is HUGE ....

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: HMurphey] #206009
03/18/10 09:28 AM
03/18/10 09:28 AM
T
TurboCat Offline
TurboCat  Offline
T

Email me those pics too Harry. My P19 is a week away from getting wet and im about to order a tramp. I had a Sunrise on my 5.2 so i think ill go with them again.

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: TurboCat] #206011
03/18/10 09:55 AM
03/18/10 09:55 AM

A
andrewscott
Unregistered
andrewscott
Unregistered
A

I had sunrise make me a custom front tramps with anchor pocket and under righting bag pocket.. works great!

[Linked Image]

Re: Trampoline recommendations [Re: ] #206022
03/18/10 10:59 AM
03/18/10 10:59 AM
Fulshear, TX
SGalway Offline OP
journeyman
SGalway  Offline OP
journeyman

Fulshear, TX
Harry,
I appreciate all the info. Sounds like your tramp setup is identical to mine. Thats a good idea about the sheeting point on the shroud. Not really an issue anymore on my boat since I installed a kite last season and am thinking about pitching the deck sweeper jib. In regards to the jib grommets on the tramp, I am thinking about adding a few more grommets fore and aft to allow a bit of adjustment to the leech tension. Seems this might allow a little more play in the mast rake. I weigh in at 175lbs soaking wet and my wife is about a buck 10. We are normally WAY over powered and I like to be able to throttle back using the mast rake.

I have seen your sails in these parts. Andrew Tatton did have a P19 for a while, but lately has been seen dabbling around on an I20.

Shannon Galway
Fulshear, TX
YoNav! Flying Phantom
www.yonav.net

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 423 guests, and 78 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022