07/03/03 03:44 PM
07/03/03 03:44 PM
Denver
charlesa Offline OP
stranger
charlesa  Offline OP
stranger

Denver
I may be relocating from Denver to the Sacramento/Folsom area of California and I'm interested in learning what the Cat sailing contingent in the area is like. I'm accustomed to driving several hours for Hobie Div. 5 regattas out here, but as a result, everyone gets to know everyone else fairly quickly.

How active is the Sacramento area fleet, how well do the sailors in the area know each other and - most importantly - what's the sailing like where people in the area sail?

-Charles, H17S

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Sacramento/Folsom Lake area sailors? [Re: charlesa] #21777
07/04/03 06:21 PM
07/04/03 06:21 PM
Nevada/Lake Tahoe
tdry Offline
tdry  Offline

Nevada/Lake Tahoe
There are two organizations that hold regular regattas in the Northern California/Western Nevada area. They are Hobie Division 3 and the MHRA. The Div. III schedule is available online at http://www.hobie3.org/2003/schedule_2003.htm. The MHRA schedule is available online at http://www.catamaranracing.org/schedule.htm. As you can tell from the schedules, we share a number of events that act as points events for both sets of members. The Div. III regattas are primarily attended by Hobie owners, but they always have a fairly strong open division. The MHRA regattas have numerous types of boats and are generally broken down by boat size and ability. Feel free to contact me directly if you are interested in more event details.

Tim Dry
MHRA Commodore

Re: Sacramento/Folsom Lake area sailors? [Re: charlesa] #21778
07/08/03 01:22 AM
07/08/03 01:22 AM
SF. Bay Area
mwr Offline
mwr  Offline

SF. Bay Area
I recently joined up with Hobie Fleet 2, located in Grass Valley/ Nevada City. Most of the fleet members live in or around Sacramento, but some of us live as far West as Oakland or San Francisco and there are more than a few folks who live out East in Nevada. We host fun sails every month or so, a really great regatta (the Treesmacker) geared towards the youth/ neophite hobie racer, and throw a hell of a good 4th of July sailing party.
These people are super fun, and they like to eat really well! Our Fleet is growing at a good rate, which is an unusual thing around here these days, and there is always plenty of fun to be had. I cannot say enough about how nice everyone in Fleet 2 is, really.
Check out the Feet Two web site for more info http://www.hobiefleet2.com/ and come on out and sail!

Michael Rossney West Oakland, Ca. H-18

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 337 guests, and 111 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022