09/07/01 11:08 AM
09/07/01 11:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The government just keeps trying to get more and more money from us. Despite efforts to reduce government size there are many that continue pushing the envelope to reap and rape us more and more.
<br>
<br>Another effort is under way to require boat registration for nonmotorized boats in the State of Florida. The Boating Advisory Council, which makes recommendations to the State Legislature, is expected to consider this proposal at their October 17 meeting.
<br>Currently, the State of Florida does not require registrations (and numbers on your boat) for nonmotorized boats, regardless of size. This would affect somewhere between 100,000 and 150,000 boats, including canoes, kayaks, and sailboats.
<br>If you are opposed to legislation to require registration for your nonmotorized boat, you can make your feelings known by contacting the Chairman of the Boating Advisory Council, who is Col. Bob Edwards, Commander of Law Enforcement Division, Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. The mailing address for him at the FWC is 620 S. Meridian St., Tallahassee, FL 32399. Phone is 850-488-6251. The direct web site is http://floridaconservation.org/law, and at that site there is a message form you can fill out.
<br>Rick<br><br>

Attached Files
2329- (13 downloads)
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Government again on the RISE! [Re: ] #2314
09/07/01 01:34 PM
09/07/01 01:34 PM
Melbourne, FL
Getawaysailor Offline
stranger
Getawaysailor  Offline
stranger

Melbourne, FL
Rick,
<br>I went to that site but didn't see any form to fill out?<br><br>Hobie Getaway
<br>"Curiosity"

Hobie Getaway "Curiosity"
Re: Government again on the RISE! [Re: Getawaysailor] #2315
09/07/01 02:22 PM
09/07/01 02:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the wrong URL. All you needed to do was click on "Contact Us" but here is the full URL:
<br>
<br>http://floridaconservation.org/emailus/feedback.htm
<br>Rick<br><br>

Attached Files
2349- (13 downloads)
Re: Government again on the RISE! [Re: ] #2316
09/07/01 09:42 PM
09/07/01 09:42 PM
Houston
carlbohannon Offline
old hand
carlbohannon  Offline
old hand

Houston
Learn From Texas. Don't let this pass without a fight. Send comments, send in a comment every day. Write your State Representative and then call them. Explain that if they vote for this you will not vote for them in the future, put a 10 foot sign in your yard for their opponent, and picket their house.
<br>
<br>You haven't seen irritation until you have dealt with registering a boat that was never meant to be registered
<br>
<br>Here are a few examples
<br>
<br>* what do you mean your boat has 2 hulls
<br>* How can the hulls have different serial numbers
<br>* No boat has a 3 digit serial number
<br>* It's not a new boat, the serial number just changed. I broke the hulls on my old boat so bought new hulls, sails, mast and crossbeam and they threw in the rest of the parts as part of a "special package deal"
<br>
<br>If you let this pass and you have more than one boat you might try this just to see the look on the Parks and Wildlife's Clerks face.
<br>
<br>I want to register a modular catamaran
<br>
<br>Everything on the the boat is replaceable and interchangeable
<br>
<br>I have 16, 5.8 and 20 foot hulls
<br>I have 4 mast's
<br>12 sets of sails
<br>9 possible serial number combinations and 12 sail numbers
<br>
<br>What do I do when I buy a new set of hulls?
<br>
<br>Estimated value, well with the Hobie 16 foot port hull and the wooden Tornado starboard hull about $1.75
<br><br><br>

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 650 guests, and 165 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022