06/08/11 03:38 PM
06/08/11 03:38 PM
Seattle,Wa
Don_Atchley Offline OP
enthusiast
Don_Atchley  Offline OP
enthusiast

Seattle,Wa
I am a bit perplexed about the registration. This has to be one of the best events on the planet for us.

CONSIDER:

San Francisco City Front, venue for 2013 America's Cup 34and one of the most beautiful sailing scenes around.

· Guaranteed wind.

· Event is internet streamed live (SA by our ownadvocate, Jeremy).

· St. Francis Yacht Club, one of the nicest clubs in the United States.

· Walking access from hotels to launching beach.

· Two AC 45s have arrived along with the best multihull sailors in the world, rumored to be practicing during our stay.

· Possible entry of AC34 members in the event just for the fun of it. Chance to meet and chat with these guys.

What in the world is our Class hesitation? It simply doesn't get any better than this, EVER.

Nearly all the Bay Area boats will be there and will register in the next couple of days. At least 5 boats from the Pacific Northwest have made reservations at the Holiday Inn, and are making travel plans. 2 more are watching the alignment of planets and consulting their partners for kitchen pass validation.

There is a regatta this weekend in Sausalito and they have 7 F18's already registered. A good sign that the local Hobie/F18 fleet is getting traction.

I am not sure what the hesitation is from our friends down South. Most of them have new dry-suits, but have never had the chance to put them on.

Phillip Meredith even plans to offer his boat to any of the AC team members that want to go for a spin on Thursday and Friday.

For those legitimately forced to sit on the fence, you can register now and still receive a refund if requested by the 20th.

Hobie Tiger 2003
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Sperry Top-Sider San Francisco NOOD [Re: Don_Atchley] #233365
06/09/11 11:06 AM
06/09/11 11:06 AM
2017 F18 Americas Site
Dan_Delave Offline
old hand
Dan_Delave  Offline
old hand

2017 F18 Americas Site
Sorry about not being on the registration list yet. I am still trying to figure out the crew situation.

If all works out, I will be registered by the deadline though. Others, from So Cal planning on being there are, Ian Sammis and Mike Kramer. There is a small regatta going on in San Diego that weekend which will keep a couple of teams at home.

Later,
Dan DeLave

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 420 guests, and 79 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022