10/17/11 10:16 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

Hi guys,

THE 2011 MULTIHULL COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, FROM 8-10 AM EDT, AT THE US SAILING MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS, MD.

Here is the link for the overall US SAILING meeting: http://about.ussailing.org/US_SAILING_Meetings.htm.

Here are the MHC bylaws: http://about.ussailing.org/Bylaws/Multihull_Council.htm . Read them and expect to conduct business per these bylaws. This is a US SAILING meeting, and is an open meeting. Be aware that in the past, we have had non-multihull visitors attend our meetings.

Multihull associations are voting members (class associations, regional multihull organizations, etc.). Please forward this notice to any and all US multihull associations, and ask for their representation at this meeting.

Please make every effort to attend this meeting. We need US SAILING to see how passionate we are about our sport, and taking an active role in directing our place in the future.

We will have teleconference capabilities, but really need a show of force.

The primary focal points of this meeting will be the annual elections, as well as working on a path forward to improve relations and multihull member benefits with US SAILING.

PM or email me with any questions or agenda item requests.

Please keep this thread "clean" of opinions so we can use it to update you with information as it is updated. Feel free to start new threads with opinions...

Mike

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239133
10/18/11 11:02 AM
10/18/11 11:02 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by brucat
Hi guys,

THE 2011 MULTIHULL COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, FROM 8-10 AM EDT, AT THE US SAILING MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS, MD.

Here is the link for the overall US SAILING meeting: http://about.ussailing.org/US_SAILING_Meetings.htm.

Here are the MHC bylaws: http://about.ussailing.org/Bylaws/Multihull_Council.htm . Read them and expect to conduct business per these bylaws. This is a US SAILING meeting, and is an open meeting. Be aware that in the past, we have had non-multihull visitors attend our meetings.

Multihull associations are voting members (class associations, regional multihull organizations, etc.). Please forward this notice to any and all US multihull associations, and ask for their representation at this meeting.

Can’t make the conf call, I’ll be sure to give the F18 proxy to one of the board members but 8AM EDT is a bit early for the west coast guys especially on a Saturday morning but I’ll see what I can do.

Please make every effort to attend this meeting. We need US SAILING to see how passionate we are about our sport, and taking an active role in directing our place in the future.

Don’t we display our passion almost every weekend with the number of quality regattas and outstanding National and International Championships? What more do we need to show US Sailing to demonstrate our passion for the sport? Are we still trying to validate our existence within US Sailing? Have they not noticed what platform is being used for the America’s Cup?

We will have teleconference capabilities, but really need a show of force.

The primary focal points of this meeting will be the annual elections, as well as working on a path forward to improve relations and multihull member benefits with US SAILING.

Can you please explain what you mean by ‘improve relations and multihull member benefits with US Sailing’. Are we not getting the same membership benefits as everyone else? If not, why not?

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"
Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: David Ingram] #239173
10/19/11 06:20 PM
10/19/11 06:20 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

BIG NEWS!!!

I sat down with Jack Gierhart (US SAILING Executive Director) last night for 90 minutes. He has agreed to my request to attend a portion of our meeting, and will forward my request to have Gary Jobson (US SAILING President) join him.

I am working with the Area Reps on a final agenda and will post it soon.

If attending in person, registration is required (link is here: http://about.ussailing.org/US_SAILING_Meetings.htm).

Registration includes lunch, which will feature a review of investigation reports from some major accidents/tragedies over the past year, as well as a Town Hall meeting with Gary Jobson. There are some really cool programs scheduled for Saturday, including an inside report from the America's Cup PRO, John Craig.

Link to schedule is here: http://about.ussailing.org/US_SAILING_Meetings/Meeting_Schedule.htm?

Ding, in the initial post, I asked to keep this thread dedicated to announcements. If you would be so kind as to move your post to a separate thread, I would be happy to respond...

Mike

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239176
10/19/11 07:25 PM
10/19/11 07:25 PM

M
MarkMT
Unregistered
MarkMT
Unregistered
M

Also note that the registration deadline is tomorrow Oct 20.

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: ] #239186
10/20/11 10:02 AM
10/20/11 10:02 AM
Maryland
Kris Hathaway Offline
addict
Kris Hathaway  Offline
addict

Maryland
Also a $45 (Saturday) registration fee to attend onsite. Got an agenda yet? It would really help to assess giving up a glorious Saturday morning this weekend.

Kris Hathaway
Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: Kris Hathaway] #239191
10/20/11 11:45 AM
10/20/11 11:45 AM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

Guys,

6 days ago, I wasn't the Chair, and we didn't have a meeting scheduled. Agenda is in the works.

US SAILING isn't "them" it's "us," but only if you show up and be counted. Jack is coming, probably Gary too. You don't want to miss this meeting.

BTW, the meeting is NEXT weekend...

Again, this thread is meant for announcements...

Thanks for working with me on this.

Mike

EDIT: This weekend does look to be beautiful, I'll be on the water too!

Last edited by brucat; 10/20/11 12:37 PM.
Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: ] #239222
10/21/11 01:05 PM
10/21/11 01:05 PM
Issaquah, WA, USA
H17cat Offline
old hand
H17cat  Offline
old hand

Issaquah, WA, USA
Just added the MHC meeting to US SAILING AGM schedule on the Facebook notice.

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: H17cat] #239329
10/25/11 01:02 PM
10/25/11 01:02 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

OK, Jack and Gary are confirmed, here is the agenda. COME TO ANNAPOLIS!!!

OLD BUSINESS
Approval of 2010 Annual Meeting Minutes
Review Current State and Reports:
• MHC Secretary Report
• MHC Safety Committee Report
• 2011 Championships Report (Alter Cup)
• 2011 Youth Championship Report (Stevens Trophy)
• Area Reports
• Class Reports
• MHC Membership Report
Golden Anchor (old database) review
Portsmouth database
Darline Hobock Perpetual Trophy
National Level Portsmouth Catamaran Championship

ELECTIONS
Nominations
Elections

NEW BUSINESS
Future Meeting Schedule (Spring meetings needed, others?)
Executive Committee Needs (Web Liason, Youth Chair, Second Vice Chair, others?)
Membership and Fundraising
MHC and US SAILING: How to Grow Together
Future of Multihull Championships (Alter Cup Chair needed)
HOD Report Approval

SPECIAL TOWN HALL MEETING
Guests: Jack Gierhart, US SAILING Executive Director
and Gary Jobson, US SAILING President

Mike

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239382
10/26/11 12:32 PM
10/26/11 12:32 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

Bump...

Please make sure your Area Rep and class officers check their emails.

We need them to submit reports so we can write the overall MHC annual activity report for US SAILING.

Thanks.

Mike

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239395
10/26/11 07:13 PM
10/26/11 07:13 PM
SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
HMurphey Offline
addict
HMurphey  Offline
addict

SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
... and what is the address of the Loews Hotel in Annapolis ???

"Senor Tom-Tom" needs an address ....

Harry

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: HMurphey] #239399
10/26/11 09:05 PM
10/26/11 09:05 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

We're official: http://about.ussailing.org/Assets/Meetings/2011+US_MHC_Agenda.pdf

Google is your friend Harry:

Loews Annapolis Hotel
126 West Street
Annapolis, Maryland

See you Saturday!

Mike

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239486
10/29/11 09:42 AM
10/29/11 09:42 AM
Issaquah, WA, USA
H17cat Offline
old hand
H17cat  Offline
old hand

Issaquah, WA, USA
Mike, good job on running the MHC meeting this morning. Look forward to receiving the minutes.
Caleb Tarleton

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239509
10/30/11 01:01 PM
10/30/11 01:01 PM
B
brucat Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
B

Wow. Just wow!

What a great meeting; HUGE THANKS to all of you for making such a strong showing, especially on such short notice. I will never forget the look on Gary Jobson's face, when he walked into a packed meeting room, and then when I told him we had an additional 15 people on the phone!

There were many US SAILING staff members that made appearances throughout the meeting, including three from the Championships office alone. In addition to staff, the Board Secretary, and at least one past president came into our meeting, and went out of their way to find me later to congratulate ALL OF US for setting a positive tone and moving forward with revitalized enthusiasm.

Attending these meetings is absolutely essential, in ways that cannot always be anticipated nor directly measured. For example, had we not been there, we would not have had the opportunity for the impromptu meeting with a USSA representative regarding ISAF Equipment selection for the Olympics. There will be more information forcoming about this, and we spun into some additional ideas on how to potentially package some of this with our future Multihull Championships.

We have a lot of work to do, and a lot of support being offered our way.

Minutes and other follow-up items are absolutely being worked on. It's been a long past few days, and I am getting ready to enjoy Halloween festivities with the family, so I probably won't be posting again until Tuesday.

Thanks again, have a great Halloween everyone!

Mike

Re: US SAILING MULTIHULL COUNCIL MEETING IN ANNAPOLIS OCT 29 [Re: brucat] #239512
10/30/11 05:26 PM
10/30/11 05:26 PM
SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
HMurphey Offline
addict
HMurphey  Offline
addict

SE Pa. or Chesapeak Bay
Hi,

Excellent meeting ... GREAT JOB Mike ...

Ya, the imprompt to meeting w/ the CHAIRPERSON of the US Sailing Olympic Equipment Selection Committee was very informative (in both directions ...) And it is worthy to note that "Deana" came looking ... and found us at the end of our "Offical" meeting .... and asked to meet w/ us making "time" immediately !!!!

... second what Mike said about some of the most important contacts/conversations happened impromptly between individuals/small groups ... and not in "offical" scheduled meetings ....

Note to Caleb: Your grandson and you will be needing some airline ticket's ... plan on being at AYC/SSA in Annapolis on, July 5-8th 2012. One more piece needs to "fall into place" ... and then to use a famous line, " ... this Houston, we are throttles up ... we have a go ..."

Harry

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 384 guests, and 122 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022