Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: catandahalf] #239770
11/05/11 07:41 PM
11/05/11 07:41 PM
B
Beth Offline
Beth  Offline
B

Results are here - https://www.regattatech.com/scoring...iAreaD&divisionName=Open%20Multihull

Good breeze today at 12-15. Matt and Taylor put on a clinic! I don't have a lot of details as Karl and I spent the first three races on the beach working the glitches out of the new spinnaker pole.

DIYC has been a great host. PRO is doing a great job. Race committee was even handing out beers on the water as the fleet was sailing in! Now that's hospitality. Will definitely be planning more events at this club.

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Beth] #239782
11/06/11 11:28 AM
11/06/11 11:28 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Beth
I don't have a lot of details as Karl and I spent the first three races on the beach working the glitches out of the new spinnaker pole.

Damnit Karl.

Jake Kohl
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Jake] #239804
11/07/11 12:22 PM
11/07/11 12:22 PM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
you mean the hacksaw and hammer didn't fix it the first time?

jeeze...

PS it still cracks me up seeing the 62 DPN for F-18 because it's "So much slower" than the N-20 59.2...

Last edited by waterbug_wpb; 11/07/11 12:24 PM.

Jay

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: waterbug_wpb] #239808
11/07/11 01:20 PM
11/07/11 01:20 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
you mean the hacksaw and hammer didn't fix it the first time?

jeeze...

PS it still cracks me up seeing the 62 DPN for F-18 because it's "So much slower" than the N-20 59.2...

For the record I went to the head of the DPN committee to try and address the Formula vs OD issue and I asked them to bounce the DPN numbers off the other systems out there to see if DPN was out of line. I was basically told the only way the numbers would be reviewed was through statistical analysis, I even made the point that the idea of getting enough results to make an impact was/is unrealistic (I've been down that road).

So with that said... Stankypoo you are soooo going into the wood chipper!

First off, it's not the F18's fault that you guys discovered an N20 goes real slow on its side, so Day 1, not our fault. F18 speed tip... pointy side up is faster.

Day 2, WTF were guys doing at the start? If you don't go when the say go it's not the fault of the F18 DPN. For F!@K sake it was breeze on and with the beef you guys had on the wire it should have looked like you guys were shot out of a cannon! And agian... wtf!? Now I can understand your frustration with not being able to pass Kathy and I until the half way point especially since I wasn't on the wire, yeah that would piss me off too. Again, it's not the fault of the F18's DPN, I simply have MAD driving and trimming skills and sweetness knows how to properly shape a main (a 49 year old woman btw), yeah b!tch, suck on that for a while.

I have access to an N20 if you and Forrest are up for a rematch (Hiram's and back) let me know and well find out if it's the boat or if it's the sailors. I'll even put up a handle of Mount Gay!

Ball is in your court Mr. "It's my number".

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: catandahalf] #239812
11/07/11 01:28 PM
11/07/11 01:28 PM
Newport, RI
wildtsail Offline
old hand
wildtsail  Offline
old hand

Newport, RI
Beth, you and Karl seem to be doing a lot of sitting on the beach latley. You know your honeymoon is over right? I hope you ditched the internal tackline this time (what a stupid setup!)
Jay, I'm certainly glad someone else out there is whining enough to get Ding to not rag on me for a bit. We'll see how long that lasts.

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: wildtsail] #239816
11/07/11 01:59 PM
11/07/11 01:59 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by wildtsail
Beth, you and Karl seem to be doing a lot of sitting on the beach latley. You know your honeymoon is over right? I hope you ditched the internal tackline this time (what a stupid setup!)
Jay, I'm certainly glad someone else out there is whining enough to get Ding to not rag on me for a bit. We'll see how long that lasts.

Pipe down Ricky grownups are talking.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: wildtsail] #239820
11/07/11 02:39 PM
11/07/11 02:39 PM
B
Beth Offline
Beth  Offline
B

The honeymoon will never be over - especially when I can get my cake and eat it too! Sat on the beach one day during North Americans and still managed to kick your butt! Missed three of nine races during Area Ds and still wrangled a 4th.

And yes, still running the internal tack line. And yes, that was the very reason we missed three races. But it's all working now - game on!

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Beth] #239822
11/07/11 02:49 PM
11/07/11 02:49 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by Beth
The honeymoon will never be over - especially when I can get my cake and eat it too! Sat on the beach one day during North Americans and still managed to kick your butt! Missed three of nine races during Area Ds and still wrangled a 4th.

And yes, still running the internal tack line. And yes, that was the very reason we missed three races. But it's all working now - game on!

Ya see what just happened there Ricky and you're really going to try and play the victim card? We're just giving you what you want.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: wildtsail] #239823
11/07/11 02:58 PM
11/07/11 02:58 PM
tampa, fl
K
ksurfer2 Offline
old hand
ksurfer2  Offline
old hand
K

tampa, fl

Hey Ricky.....Didn't your momma ever teach you not to kick the hornet's nest?

Last edited by ksurfer2; 11/07/11 03:41 PM.

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: David Ingram] #239826
11/07/11 04:10 PM
11/07/11 04:10 PM
Hernando, Florida
M
Mlcreek Offline
Mlcreek  Offline
M

Hernando, Florida
Your on Holmes....but lets take it to the blue water where your skinny little butt won't be to your advantage! As to what were we doing, we were spotting you a chance. I mean after Wildcat and the first leg coming down, you guys have a tendency to bump boats and fly through the air with the greatest of ease. Since we knew you would whine and complain, we left half the mast trim off just to give us a handicap. If I remember right...Dingo...gramps was going to whip our butts in Macho....so we had to turn the car lights on so you could find the way to the beach!!!! I do recall a C-2 following the I-20 that day.

Last edited by Mlcreek; 11/07/11 04:19 PM.

Forrest
I-20
USA 645

" There ain't enough rum in the drum!"
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: David Ingram] #239827
11/07/11 04:49 PM
11/07/11 04:49 PM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
Originally Posted by David Ingram

First off, it's not the F18's fault that you guys discovered an N20 goes real slow on its side, so Day 1, not our fault. F18 speed tip... pointy side up is faster.

Oh, NOW you tell me smile

Day 2, WTF were guys doing at the start? If you don't go when the say go it's not the fault of the F18 DPN.

We were giving you hacks a head start because we were going to kill you even with your sweetheart DPN. Guess we should have waited longer. Do you even realize the kind of spanking we'd have dished out starting on time with the rotator line actually connected? Even Karl and Mr. underpants would have gotten the beat down.

I have access to an N20 if you and Forrest are up for a rematch (Hiram's and back) let me know and well find out if it's the boat or if it's the sailors. I'll even put up a handle of Mount Gay!

You had to throw that down when I'm really thirsty, didn't you? I think Ole' Yeller vs. Frank-y-Ding sounds like fun! If we could only get Tad-pole to realize that his boat isn't a lawn ornament.

And yes, I will give Sweetness all the credit for you not getting passed earlier. In fact, I do believe Sheryl got the better of you at T-winds a time or two on her 18 once she realized I wasn't going to get us all killed on the crossings... (she still wouldn't let me trap out downwind)

I just like all the whining about the 20 being outdated when it's still rated faster than your $$$ short boat

I feel the love. Motivates me to do more honeydew work for a kitchen pass. I'm soliciting for T-winds and would even consider the lovely Catboat accommodations just to push you down in the standings smile

Jay

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: waterbug_wpb] #239828
11/07/11 04:57 PM
11/07/11 04:57 PM
B
Beth Offline
Beth  Offline
B

I'm soliciting for T-winds and would even consider the lovely Catboat accommodations just to push you down in the standings smile[/quote]

Remember the Catboat has shrunk - it's now only 17 feet.

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Beth] #239829
11/07/11 05:01 PM
11/07/11 05:01 PM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
I have too. I'm only 6' 1"

smile

Jay

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: catandahalf] #239831
11/07/11 06:30 PM
11/07/11 06:30 PM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
Jesus, I miss this crap. That's it. I'm coming to Tradewinds. Seeing is believing.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: David Ingram] #239832
11/07/11 07:30 PM
11/07/11 07:30 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.

Attn. Jake,
This is the T-shirt quote.

Hey Ricky.....Didn't your momma ever teach you not to kick the hornet's nest?

Karl,
He generally sticks his head inside the nest first to see what's going on ,then kicks it, and then sits on it to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.
Have I told you lately what a lucky man you are. Beth knocks it out of the park.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #239834
11/07/11 09:10 PM
11/07/11 09:10 PM
Wellington, FL-Singer Island, ...
cyberspeed Offline
old hand
cyberspeed  Offline
old hand

Wellington, FL-Singer Island, ...
Sounds like a grudge match at the Steeplechase in December!

craig van eaton
Supercat 20
TEAM CYBERSPEED
www.TeamCyberspeed.com
Endurance Series
www.SailSeries.com
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #239837
11/08/11 07:21 AM
11/08/11 07:21 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever

Attn. Jake,
This is the T-shirt quote.

OK...help me remember to remember.

Jake Kohl
Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Jake] #239840
11/08/11 08:55 AM
11/08/11 08:55 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
The T-shirt quote is "pipe down, grownups are talking"

Jay

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: Mlcreek] #239843
11/08/11 09:19 AM
11/08/11 09:19 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by Mlcreek
Your on Holmes....but lets take it to the blue water where your skinny little butt won't be to your advantage! As to what were we doing, we were spotting you a chance. I mean after Wildcat and the first leg coming down, you guys have a tendency to bump boats and fly through the air with the greatest of ease. Since we knew you would whine and complain, we left half the mast trim off just to give us a handicap. If I remember right...Dingo...gramps was going to whip our butts in Macho....so we had to turn the car lights on so you could find the way to the beach!!!! I do recall a C-2 following the I-20 that day.

It wasn't a C-2, it was an F18 though so you get partial credit

Yes, you put it to us at the Macho Man. We will have to take a long hard look at the N20 number, clearly it's a gift. Damn cheater boat.

Blue water, flat water, lake sailing, Hyannis in the fall! I'm in! Pick it. Although Jay is only allowed out twice a year so your options are a bit limited. I'll keep an eye on the handle of rum until you guys can get it sorted out. I am 49 years old so the clock is ticking, this decade would be nice.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: Area D South Semi Finals [Re: cyberspeed] #239844
11/08/11 09:22 AM
11/08/11 09:22 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by cyberspeed
Sounds like a grudge match at the Steeplechase in December!

I'll be on the playground, we'll see who shows.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022