01/19/12 11:26 AM
01/19/12 11:26 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
John Williams  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
I'm not caught up from the trip yet, but I didn't want to go another day without saying "THANKS!"

Rick and Mary, Barb and Chip - clearly tons of work went into it and I'm really happy to have seen you again.

The RC and volunteers - well done. Nine races in a couple of days with no protests or redress that I heard of; happy racers is the best indicator of success.

The boat people - I appreciate all the work put in by both AHPC and Falcon to get boats to the venue; behind the scenes, there is a sustained effort to get new people out sailing catamarans, and get the people who sail already to go faster.

In particular, Matt and Gina; not only was it a treat to see my friends again, but together they made it possible for me to be there, sail a new boat for a week, and they eliminated all the normal worry with focused and immediate response to even the smallest issues.

Jay and Pease; I've gotten accustomed to these two, so it is important to remember to be grateful. Calm reassurance, steady demeanor, vast knowledge and experience. It was a pleasure crewing for Pease, and Jay saved our event with a well-timed smile and gentle encouragement.

The rest of the Falcon sailors; excellent, focused and open sharing got us all going faster in just a few days - fantastic boat, but every platform has it's secrets to be revealed. Working as a team, we made great progress is just a few days.

My house-mates! Matt, Gina, Terry, Kristin, Jay, Pease, Seth, Angie, Tina, Shelly and Bev; that was more fun than I deserve. We had a terrific dynamic and it was a pleasure to come "home" every day! I think I gained weight.

Most assuredly Bev; advice and complete acceptance in a time when I'm redefining who I want to be. I'm the luckiest guy I know.

And to Annie and Kristin - while I may have laughed at the time, it turned out that you taught me a valuable lesson.

[Linked Image]

Hope to see everyone again somewhere soon.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242633
01/19/12 11:35 AM
01/19/12 11:35 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
And thanks to Taylor's parents for the RC boat on gold course, as well as letting all 40+ boats raft up and mill around on Friday.

And you can't blame them one bit for the pin favored line on Sat/Sun. If you had that much boat being assaulted by so many little boats, you'd want pin favored too! That thig was bigger than my first house!

Jay

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242635
01/19/12 11:42 AM
01/19/12 11:42 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by John Williams
I'm not caught up from the trip yet, but I didn't want to go another day without saying "THANKS!"

Rick and Mary, Barb and Chip - clearly tons of work went into it and I'm really happy to have seen you again.

The RC and volunteers - well done. Nine races in a couple of days with no protests or redress that I heard of; happy racers is the best indicator of success.

The boat people - I appreciate all the work put in by both AHPC and Falcon to get boats to the venue; behind the scenes, there is a sustained effort to get new people out sailing catamarans, and get the people who sail already to go faster.

In particular, Matt and Gina; not only was it a treat to see my friends again, but together they made it possible for me to be there, sail a new boat for a week, and they eliminated all the normal worry with focused and immediate response to even the smallest issues.

Jay and Pease; I've gotten accustomed to these two, so it is important to remember to be grateful. Calm reassurance, steady demeanor, vast knowledge and experience. It was a pleasure crewing for Pease, and Jay saved our event with a well-timed smile and gentle encouragement.

The rest of the Falcon sailors; excellent, focused and open sharing got us all going faster in just a few days - fantastic boat, but every platform has it's secrets to be revealed. Working as a team, we made great progress is just a few days.

My house-mates! Matt, Gina, Terry, Kristin, Jay, Pease, Seth, Angie, Tina, Shelly and Bev; that was more fun than I deserve. We had a terrific dynamic and it was a pleasure to come "home" every day! I think I gained weight.

Most assuredly Bev; advice and complete acceptance in a time when I'm redefining who I want to be. I'm the luckiest guy I know.

And to Annie and Kristin - while I may have laughed at the time, it turned out that you taught me a valuable lesson.

[Linked Image]

Oh c'mon! Where's the caption?

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: waterbug_wpb] #242636
01/19/12 12:07 PM
01/19/12 12:07 PM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
And thanks to Taylor's parents for the RC boat on gold course, as well as letting all 40+ boats raft up and mill around on Friday.

And you can't blame them one bit for the pin favored line on Sat/Sun. If you had that much boat being assaulted by so many little boats, you'd want pin favored too! That thig was bigger than my first house!

He11, yeah! The Reiss family has kind of adopted all of us, haven't they?

John Williams

Gary Player, pro golfer

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242638
01/19/12 12:17 PM
01/19/12 12:17 PM
Orlando, FL
tback Offline
veteran
tback  Offline
veteran

Orlando, FL

And what lesson did you "think" you learned?

USA 777
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: tback] #242640
01/19/12 12:27 PM
01/19/12 12:27 PM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
I can see this thread going over a cliff in two posts or less.... Dub walks into this one smile

Jay

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242651
01/19/12 02:37 PM
01/19/12 02:37 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
Caption Contest:

1.Ride'Em Couch Girl!
2.It was THIS Big!
3.And then you hold it...like this.
4.And then you put your leg around it...like this!

(This was the actual conversation taking place at the time!)

Blade F16
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242652
01/19/12 02:48 PM
01/19/12 02:48 PM
Northfield Mn
Karl_Brogger Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Karl_Brogger  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Northfield Mn
Dirty thoughts.

I'm boatless.
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242654
01/19/12 03:01 PM
01/19/12 03:01 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
Kudos to the event organizers and RC, and to all the Sailors who made the long drives (flights), spent their money, raced the boats and drank the drinks, that's what makes it fun for all of us.

So while I will again thank Rick, Mary, Barb, Chip, the RC's and the Committee Boat owners, I would also like to thank all of my fellow sailors for showing up, helping set up boats, and take them down, and fix little thingy do's, and sharing spare parts, and helping each other out.

It's always fun to hang out with such a great group of people, that's why I 'race', just to get to the party, with you guys/gals. It was great to see Brian Karr and The Chuck are back in the game too!

So, thanks to everyone, for showing up, and being the fun loving people you are!

Blade F16
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: tback] #242658
01/19/12 03:21 PM
01/19/12 03:21 PM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I wanna hear Kris's side of the story.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242659
01/19/12 03:44 PM
01/19/12 03:44 PM
Sebring, Florida.
Timbo Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Timbo  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sebring, Florida.
All I'm saying is, it all started out with, "See, you do it like this..."

Blade F16
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242681
01/20/12 07:56 AM
01/20/12 07:56 AM
K
kristin Offline
stranger
kristin  Offline
stranger
K

Hey boys - What happens in Islamorada stays in Islamorada. But Annie and I are taking requests for demonstration topics at next year's event. Be sure to let us know!

Kris
USA 1231

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: kristin] #242683
01/20/12 08:19 AM
01/20/12 08:19 AM
Orlando, FL
tback Offline
veteran
tback  Offline
veteran

Orlando, FL
Originally Posted by kristin
Hey boys - What happens in Islamorada stays in Islamorada. But Annie and I are taking requests for demonstration topics at next year's event. Be sure to let us know!

Kris
USA 1231

This is going to get good!

[img:left]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA_IU13pee8K2u2ZDUPQahgVds8bwOwHT1wQR5MokVR3I0IP17mdugU3e2[/img]

Image Here

Anyone have pointers on how to insert the image in the thread?

USA 777
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242684
01/20/12 08:36 AM
01/20/12 08:36 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Only Jake knows....it's complicated (more than three steps).

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: kristin] #242685
01/20/12 08:40 AM
01/20/12 08:40 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by kristin

Kris
USA 1231

You need a suitable avatar. Shaharazade?

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: tback] #242687
01/20/12 09:05 AM
01/20/12 09:05 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
When making a post, click on File Manager link below the window you type in. Then click "choose file". Select the file (limited to 100kb). Then click "add file". Finally, click "Done Adding Files". If it's an image, it will automatically show in the post (and will be automatically resized to some set size).

edit...weird. This time it didn't automatically show the picture...in that case, when viewing the thread you just made, copy the link it provided to the file you uploaded (shown below under "Attachments". Then edit your post. Then click where in your post you want the image to show up, then click the image button (fourth from the left above the typing box...the one that's missing it's icon) and "insert a non-floating image". Paste the link to that next dialog box and hit "OK"...and "whooomp there it is". Why can't you guys figure this out? grin

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
new-1.jpg (165 downloads)

Jake Kohl
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: pgp] #242688
01/20/12 09:12 AM
01/20/12 09:12 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by pgp

[Linked Image]

Oh c'mon! Where's the caption?

I'm not sure what's going on in that picture - but I think we need a re-enactment Spring Fever!

Jake Kohl
Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242689
01/20/12 09:17 AM
01/20/12 09:17 AM
pgp Offline
Carpal Tunnel
pgp  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Poor Terry!

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242695
01/20/12 10:20 AM
01/20/12 10:20 AM
Long Beach, California
John Williams Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Long Beach, California
Poor Terry?!?! Jeez, he's the primary beneficiary! Don't pity him!

John Williams

Gary Player, pro golfer

Re: Tradewinds gratitude thread... [Re: John Williams] #242706
01/20/12 10:54 AM
01/20/12 10:54 AM
Maryland
Kris Hathaway Offline
addict
Kris Hathaway  Offline
addict

Maryland
I have no idea how... grin

[Linked Image]

Attached Files
Homer.jpg (118 downloads)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 702 guests, and 101 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022