I just posted this on the F 16 forum and thought I would pass off the info for all.

...I have done the NOOD (National Offshore One Design) Regatta since 2006 except for '08 (death in the family) and 2011 (my C 24 was damaged when lightning struck the house next door). For those planning to attend, or who are on the fence, may I suggest the early 20th century hotels in the 3rd and 4th street sector - easy walk to the yc for the party. Publix is nearby for morning provisions.

Early start at 0900 each day - plan spending a day on the water a mile plus change out from the harbor. Mark your waypoint for the harbor channel if fog plays a role. One year I was glad I did.

Courses feature two laps - W/L with an upwind finish. I encouraged Larry Geller to take this action of inviting cats last year, and now it's real. You most likely will be on the circle with the tris. There may even be a dozen plus J 80s on the circle. Mind your manners coming in to the leeward mark with that posse smile

After our trip to Islamaroda the family budget is tight, plus my grandson is planning on doing the 420 Midwinters.

It's worth the extra change - the give aways can be almost worth the entry fee - especially if you win!!! Open Bar with some of the finest sailors east of the Mississippi River are waiting to meet you.

JC asked me to promote the event, so there you have it. Legs can be a mile and a half by the way.

The F 18s have been sailing in the San Francisco NOOD since it was reinstated two years ago.