Portland, Maine
T
ThunderMuffin Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
ThunderMuffin  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
T

Portland, Maine
You could even rent a wave from Scott right at the start!
:P

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244659
02/23/12 03:33 PM
02/23/12 03:33 PM
B
brucat Offline
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B

I was actually just trying to be funny (but the green beer is very serious).

Mike

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244660
02/23/12 03:36 PM
02/23/12 03:36 PM
Portland, Maine
T
ThunderMuffin Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
T

Portland, Maine
Don't tug on our heartstrings like that Mike.

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244680
02/23/12 05:54 PM
02/23/12 05:54 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by Undecided
To be fair, "punk" is probably the pinnacle of his creative talents. Usually his insults consist of guttural sounds and lots of body scratching...

I penned Ricky as Team Punk and I can GUARANTEE you I can do better for Jake the Roaming Gnome. Let all this simmer a little longer and it'll take care of itself.
Jake, Incredibly weak to try and fold after only a couple of races with Ding, but I will give you kudos for the b**chslap you gave him about not beating you yet, so apparently you really aren't conceding.Make up your mind. Wuss or smacktalker?

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #244682
02/23/12 05:59 PM
02/23/12 05:59 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever

Jake, Incredibly weak to try and fold after only a couple of races with Ding, but I will give you kudos for the b**chslap you gave him about not beating you yet, so apparently you really aren't conceding.Make up your mind. Wuss or smacktalker?

Hold on there a minute Mr. Stay at Home Smack Talker. The score is 2-1 the shutout has been denied. Now that we have the record straight please carry on.

Last edited by David Ingram; 02/23/12 06:26 PM.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: David Ingram] #244685
02/23/12 06:11 PM
02/23/12 06:11 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Originally Posted by David Ingram

Hold on there a minute Mr. Stay at Home Smack Talker. The score is 2-1 the shutout has been denied. Now the we have the record straight please carry on.

I beg your forgiveness, I had no idea you'd actually beat him.
When you get that A cat I'll smack ya around plenty.

Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #244687
02/23/12 06:28 PM
02/23/12 06:28 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
The clock is ticking my friend. Enjoy the time you have left.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: David Ingram] #244690
02/23/12 07:59 PM
02/23/12 07:59 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
The clock is ticking my friend. Enjoy the time you have left.

Can't wait.

Isak Dinesen
E. B. White
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244719
02/24/12 08:30 AM
02/24/12 08:30 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
You know what bugs me... a certain somebody privately pisses in my ear about not being invited then when they not only get an apology and multiple invites they still don't preregister. The only thing I can take away from the exchange is Goran is in town and the thought of the carbon fiber wonder boat getting beat by a heavy, slow, dead boat would be tough to explain. Yep, an old fat and skill challenged skipper is calling you out( I know how insulting, the nerve). Don't bother calling my cell, if you have something to say you can say it here, I dare you!

Jake, I bet you thought I was talking about you for a second didn't you? It's not always about you, geeze a guy wins a couple of races and...

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244720
02/24/12 09:27 AM
02/24/12 09:27 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: David Ingram] #244730
02/24/12 11:00 AM
02/24/12 11:00 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina

Hold on there a minute Mr. Stay at Home Smack Talker. The score is 2-1 the shutout has been denied. Now that we have the record straight please carry on.

hmmm...I seem to have blocked that out from memory. I guess the trauma of being awarded 3rd in the awards ceremony to have it stripped the next day due to a scoring error was too much for me. It's on!

Is Mr. SAHST (Foghorn) coming to Spring Fever? Last time I raced him, I only raced one of the three days and still beat him overall.

I'm starting to enjoy the smack!

Jake Kohl
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Jake] #244735
02/24/12 11:27 AM
02/24/12 11:27 AM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA
Originally Posted by Jake

hmmm...I seem to have blocked that out from memory. I guess the trauma of being awarded 3rd in the awards ceremony to have it stripped the next day due to a scoring error was too much for me. It's on!

Is Mr. SAHST (Foghorn) coming to Spring Fever? Last time I raced him, I only raced one of the three days and still beat him overall.

Yes, and you've come along nicely.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Jake] #244749
02/24/12 03:33 PM
02/24/12 03:33 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.

You must have also blocked from your memory that I broke my spreader, sidelining me, ( with a little help from Herendeen,Ding's mini me) as soon as you left SF trembling and vomiting in fear of the smackdown you were about to receive.

But to answer your question, I seriously doubt I'll be at Spring Fever. I haven't enjoyed the last couple( racing wise, party was good as usual), just can't justify it.

p.s. We had a deal that year, 50/50 salt and fresh. You do Admirals cup and I'd do Spring Fever. You didn't show at Admiral's cup as I recall.

Isak Dinesen
E. B. White
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #244753
02/24/12 05:08 PM
02/24/12 05:08 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina

You must have also blocked from your memory that I broke my spreader, sidelining me, ( with a little help from Herendeen,Ding's mini me) as soon as you left SF trembling and vomiting in fear of the smackdown you were about to receive.

But to answer your question, I seriously doubt I'll be at Spring Fever. I haven't enjoyed the last couple( racing wise, party was good as usual), just can't justify it.

p.s. We had a deal that year, 50/50 salt and fresh. You do Admirals cup and I'd do Spring Fever. You didn't show at Admiral's cup as I recall.

That was not blocked from my memory - but, if we can do this counting break-downs, then I'm up on Ding 3-0 since my spin halyard cleat tore off the mast at the beginning of a 35 mile spin run during Steeplechase and he still only beat me by 1.5 minutes or so.

True on the Admiral's cup. I can't remember what happened there but it was truly serious. Let's just go to Florida and have a one regatta shoot-out.

Jake Kohl
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Jake] #244754
02/24/12 05:20 PM
02/24/12 05:20 PM
Clermont, FL, USA
David Ingram Offline
Carpal Tunnel
David Ingram  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clermont, FL, USA

That was not blocked from my memory - but, if we can do this counting break-downs, then I'm up on Ding 3-0 since my spin halyard cleat tore off the mast at Steeplechase and he still only beat me by 1.5 minutes or so.

Oh Jake, and I thought you were different. I'll let the two sista's I overheard in the hall address that statement.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: David Ingram] #244755
02/24/12 05:33 PM
02/24/12 05:33 PM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina

That was not blocked from my memory - but, if we can do this counting break-downs, then I'm up on Ding 3-0 since my spin halyard cleat tore off the mast at Steeplechase and he still only beat me by 1.5 minutes or so.

Oh Jake, and I thought you were different. I'll let the two sista's I overheard in the hall address that statement.

Oh no no no! I'm not suggesting we account for breakdowns! ;-) We do this right! Boat prep and risk management are all part of the game. I knew my cleat rivets were loose and needed attention and I erroneously thought they might get me through one more regatta.

If you wreck your race car in the first turn because you drove in hot on top of a nervous rookie and he takes you out, it's still your fault for not managing the risk properly. I only wanted to point out how such considerations would unfairly change the outcome of such discussions. As the car racing saying goes; "no race is won in the first turn but a lot are lost there." grin

Jake Kohl
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244757
02/24/12 05:58 PM
02/24/12 05:58 PM
Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Team_Cat_Fever Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Team_Cat_Fever  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Roanoke Island ,N.C.
Ask Karl how you deal with spin cleat problems( i.e. Tybee). We had a spin halyard cover part so it wouldn't hold in the cleat. He tied it off GOOD to the rotator arm. My only request was that when we hit the beach I got the honors of the samurai takedown on my tapered spectra halyard. It was extremely fun, costly but fun.

My record so far for the A winter series is 0 and 2 but I'm hoping to make Admiral's cup at DIYC in March. How 'bout it?

Ding, You really gonna bust my balls about stayin' at home? I don't EVER recall seeing you North of Ga. racing. NA's don't count. You and Jake should both come up and do the Duck Cup, but I ain't holdin' my breath. Hell, I'll even put on a race here on the Outer Banks and call it the Ding and Jake duel to the death if you guys would get your butts up here.

Isak Dinesen
E. B. White
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244771
02/25/12 08:38 AM
02/25/12 08:38 AM
Portland, Maine
T
ThunderMuffin Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
T

Portland, Maine
I don't EVER recall seeing you North of Ga. racing.

Gotta sick up for Gramps here. After being in FL now for a while, you get spoiled on good sailing spots and races. It really is hard to beat some of the venues around here like Kelly Park. I miss living in GA but the sailing down here gives you everything you want.

Everything of except of course, all of your good friends.

Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: ThunderMuffin] #244788
02/26/12 07:22 AM
02/26/12 07:22 AM
Rockledge Cay, FL
Fearless_Rider Offline
journeyman
Fearless_Rider  Offline
journeyman

Rockledge Cay, FL
Originally Posted by Undecided
Gotta sick up for Gramps here. After being in FL now for a while, you get spoiled on good sailing spots and races. It really is hard to beat some of the venues around here like Kelly Park. I miss living in GA but the sailing down here gives you everything you want.

Everything of except of course, all of your good friends.

+1

BTW, my BBQ Rocks!
Re: 2012 Space Coast 45 [Re: Team_Cat_Fever] #244789
02/26/12 07:27 AM
02/26/12 07:27 AM
Rockledge Cay, FL
Fearless_Rider Offline
journeyman
Fearless_Rider  Offline
journeyman

Rockledge Cay, FL
Hell, I'll even put on a race here on the Outer Banks and call it the Ding and Jake duel to the death if you guys would get your butts up here.

Carolina version of Low Rent????

I miss that race, with Chick's Beach Sailing Center (Tyler Smith, RIP), Neil Brock, Hans Meijer, Bill Black... and the rest of Flt 32.

BTW, my BBQ Rocks!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 562 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022