I love the idea of Phill Brander's Razor, but being on the other side of the world has some issues for potential novice home-builders. Would there be any interest in a new (but similarly stitch-and-glue, hard-chine) design from Bateau.com that would allow for full CNC-cut kits or professional quality plans? People have frequently asked for a beach-cat design from Bateau, and I suggested the F16, thinking that this might be a great way to encourage home-building in the U.S. Here's a link to the discussion:

http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28697

I've built a couple of their designs, and they are amazingly simple compared to other methods. Additionally, they are located in Vero, and are one of the best sources for marine ply, glass, high-quality epoxy resin, etc. in Florida... sort of a one-stop place. The designer seemed interested in the F16 idea, but was uncertain of whether the demand would be sufficient. Would a set of complete plans (with no lofting or guessing) and the option to get a pre-cut CNC kit including all marine plywood, epoxy, glass, filler, etc. be attractive to the class? I know that I've often considered building an F16 (now that Spellbound is long gone cry ), but the idea of dumping that much time and money into a one-off design or messing around with tortured ply construction always kept me away. Is there any interest out there, or is it just me blush