07/26/12 02:50 PM
07/26/12 02:50 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline OP
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline OP
veteran
V

August 18… if you’re not doing anything we have us a little race in Ventura, CA that is sure to put a smile on any cat sailor’s face – the Tri-Point Ocean Race.

The weather system around here usually provides for some great wind for a 34 nm clockwise run around Anacapa Island that is part of the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary

Additional information on this custom made beachcat race can be found here:

http://www.pbyc.org/RACING/2012_IS%20NOR.pdf

And the entry form

http://www.pbyc.org/RACING/2012_IS%20Entry%20Form.pdf

Got a few “Zonies” coming over and a some beachcat legend locals posting as well. If you’re looking for a ride, I am sure we can hook ya up on something that has more than one hull!

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 07/26/12 02:55 PM.
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Tri-Point [Re: Ventucky Red] #251193
08/04/12 10:33 AM
08/04/12 10:33 AM
Arizona
AzCat Offline
enthusiast
AzCat  Offline
enthusiast

Arizona
Hey John my entry is in I need to know where I can park in RV and if we're to have the same storage for the boats as last time? Are you entered with your F-18? also it looks like there might be one more NACRA20 IN THE RACE, is that true?

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA
Re: Tri-Point [Re: AzCat] #251198
08/05/12 08:26 AM
08/05/12 08:26 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline OP
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline OP
veteran
V

Originally Posted by azcat
Hey John my entry is in I need to know where I can park in RV and if we're to have the same storage for the boats as last time? Are you entered with your F-18? also it looks like there might be one more NACRA20 IN THE RACE, is that true?

As for parking the boats, yes I think we can pull it iff again this year... As for your RV can't help ya there, but I have seen people park them in the lot next to the ramp, just don't know what the rules on that are..

Another I-20 .. awesome Who is it? Did someone local buy the black one that was in Santa Monica?

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 08/05/12 08:27 AM.
Re: Tri-Point [Re: Ventucky Red] #251200
08/05/12 05:26 PM
08/05/12 05:26 PM
Arizona
AzCat Offline
enthusiast
AzCat  Offline
enthusiast

Arizona
No, not the black one. Just thought I recognized a name in an email from the PBYC , don't recall the name. It I think he ran the Border run a few years ago on a N20. You going to be up to it?
I'll contact the YC re parking the motor home. We will be in town Thursday. Ight or early Friday morning. I'll call you.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA
Re: Tri-Point [Re: AzCat] #251206
08/06/12 06:54 AM
08/06/12 06:54 AM
Gulf Coast relocated from Cali...
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

I'm pretty sure Rogoffs used to park thier RV in the parking lot at the boat ramp for the Milt.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.
Re: Tri-Point [Re: Ventucky Red] #251209
08/06/12 10:53 AM
08/06/12 10:53 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline OP
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline OP
veteran
V

Originally Posted by azcat
No, not the black one. Just thought I recognized a name in an email from the PBYC , don't recall the name. It I think he ran the Border run a few years ago on a N20. You going to be up to it?
I'll contact the YC re parking the motor home. We will be in town Thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll call you.

I will be out of town on Thursday or should I say getting back late the night.. Give me a call Friday morning and I'll try to hook you up with boat storage..

Also, you can park at Buenaventura State Beach... not far from the Harbor and they always have room..

Originally Posted by TeamChums
I'm pretty sure Rogoffs used to park thier RV in the parking lot at the boat ramp for the Milt.

The have been getting a little anal about this as there have been a few folks taking advantage of it...

Re: Tri-Point [Re: Ventucky Red] #251210
08/06/12 02:19 PM
08/06/12 02:19 PM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

The have been getting a little anal about this

Welcome to California...now get the hell out...but leave the wallet.

Lee

Re: Tri-Point [Re: TeamChums] #251214
08/06/12 04:38 PM
08/06/12 04:38 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline OP
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline OP
veteran
V

Pulling a Friesen on me here Lee....??

Re: Tri-Point [Re: Ventucky Red] #251216
08/06/12 05:16 PM
08/06/12 05:16 PM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

Nope. Just poking fun at California. Love the race. I actually like the Tri Point better than the Milt. It's usually faster.

Lee

Get Over It [Re: Ventucky Red] #251267
08/09/12 12:44 PM
08/09/12 12:44 PM
US Western Continental Shelf
hobiegary Offline
old hand
hobiegary  Offline
old hand

US Western Continental Shelf
Getting a little anal? Are you badmouthing the race committee?

John Schwartz,

About seven years ago I entered one of only about 3 races that I have ever entered in my life. It was either the Milt I, or the Tri Point. I did it for all the usual reasons and especially to help represent beachcats in a race that would still have us.

Being a long distance cruiser and not being a racer,
rising at 3:30 in the morning to fetch my boat from the storage yard and make the 70 mile drive,
losing and damaging my trailer and hitch on the Interstate at speed due to a stolen hitch shear pin, and having to perform an impromptu field repair in the dark hours of the morning on a freeway that included walking on the freeway to pick up parts,
dropping my boat on the dirt due to my not being practiced in beach-roller launching,
missing the start because I was unaware that the start line was miles up the coast from the launch point,
receiving a "Did Not Finish" when in fact I Did Not Start,
were just some of the things that made my venture into the world of catamaran racing that day a very frustrating expedition. The mention of not being offered a tow to the start line by an entire fleet who may have seen that I was late off the beach was something I would learn to regret whining about.

As I vented my sorrow for what a terrible time trying to go racing was for me, some on the forum on which I spoke thought that I was ranting. You John Schwartz returned a posting on that forum directed at me which was a very heated, inflammatory, accusatory and that many have said was rude, mean spirited and out of line as you suggested that I was blaming the race committee for my downfalls.

Due to the serious, defamatory, personal attacking type of message that you posted and due to the fact that I personally was the moderator, I reacted immediately by suspending for 30 days, the posting privileges of both you and this moderator. Your actions required moderation and being the one who was being attacked by your posting, I superseded my ego to perform my duty as moderator and slapped myself with the exact same inability to further escalate the exchange as I did with you.

In doing so, I never did, and to this day never have, given you the satisfaction of reacting to a post of yours that was so ill intended that it was not fit to remain on the archives of that forum. Many people who had their eyes wide open and paying attention witnessed my restraint and that I quelled the friction in the forum at the expense of my own ego.

Following your inability to continue to attack me, you moved on to other catamaran forums to continue bashing me for silencing you and for whatever else you thought that I was doing wrong when I posted my whining search for sympathy when I was already beat down by the results of my own actions.

It was a hard thing to seek sympathy amongst friends and have you attack me and then when silenced, go off on a rant of dancing all over the internet to continue to take issue with what you claimed to be me grilling the race committee because I had a bad day.

I let it go John Schwartz. When by complete coincidence you walked onto a commercial jet in another state where I was seated. I called you over and invited you to sit down. We shook hands and I congratulated your becoming a father. I treated you in a friendly manner and told you that I held no grudge. You replied in a similar way. We were friendly and cordial for the entire flight.

That was the last of it for me.

I am sorry to see that you have not gotten over it John Schwartz. You were at least half responsible for the ugly incident that I had laid to rest and now you are seen demonstrating your need to revisit it (stirring it up) by referring to something you do not like as "pulling a Friesen."

I can not change what you decide to have as an opinion and I do not hope to censor you but I respectfully ask you to refrain from using my name and especially to refrain from using my name to describe or depict negativity.

Gary Friesen

Originally Posted by Ventucky Red

Pulling a Friesen on me here Lee....??

Santa Monica Bay
Mystere 6.0 "Whisk" <--- R.I.P.
Re: Get Over It [Re: hobiegary] #251269
08/09/12 02:27 PM
08/09/12 02:27 PM
TeamChums Offline
veteran
TeamChums  Offline
veteran

I believe that was Frenchy's Rum Run. I remember that year. Bill Mattson sailed with me that day. There was a Small Craft Advisory in effect with the wind forecasted to blow in the 20's so R/C opted to send the beachcats around a rig and a pin, then back to port. I too would have liked to make the run to the island but as seasoned sailors know, we are at the mercy of mother nature at any given time we sail.
That being said: Schwartz has beat the drums hard to keep the Island Races going. I'm thankful for that. But, John, you could have made that comment in a PM rather than on the forum like you did. Gary...I'm sorry I opened the door for that remark.

Last edited by TeamChums; 08/09/12 02:29 PM.

Lee

Re: Get Over It [Re: Ventucky Red] #251270
08/09/12 07:34 PM
08/09/12 07:34 PM
W
Walls619 Offline
stranger
Walls619  Offline
stranger
W

Can't we all just get along!

Pulling a Rodney King

Re: Get Over It [Re: hobiegary] #251320
08/13/12 01:08 PM
08/13/12 01:08 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline OP
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline OP
veteran
V

Originally Posted by hobiegary

About seven years ago I entered one of only about 3 races that I have ever entered in my life.........

Gee Gary…glad to see that the Learning Annex course you took “Be a Ledged InYour Own Mind through Fiction Writing” is paying off. Bravo when I tell you this was one creative piece of fiction... almost as good as Harry Potter!

Sad to see you feel so victimized. Let me know when you start seeing the black helicopters and we’ll send help!

Oh! Does this mean we’re not getting a Christmas card this year?

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 428 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022