Hello folks! Finally coordinated for accepting reservations for charter boats for this year's Wave Nationals at The Islander resort in Islamorada. Here's the 411:

I understand Dennis Greene has already chartered both of his Waves that he has at the concession, but you may wish to check/verify.

There are 5 brand new, still in the box as I type, 2012 Hobie Waves available for charter for $900 plus tax for each boat.

There 6 2006 Hobie Waves that have been in the rental fleet and sailed at most of the Wave Nationals since then. The charter fee for these is $300 plus tax for each boat. Other than the cosmetic appeal (or lack thereof) and minor hull dings/scratches the boats are in good shape and sturdy. The tramps are not ripped and the standing rigging was replaced at last year's Nationals. If I'm lucky I'll get to race one of these at this year's event. Many of you know these particular boats well.

The charter fee includes delivery of the boats to the regatta site and subsequent retrieval. If you are flying in and would like to ship ahead your own personal equipment (like rudder system/sail) we will be happy to receive your shipment and deliver it to the regatta site. You are also welcome to tune the boats to your preference. As always, we do everything we can to keep you on the water racing should you experience an equipment failure on one of the charter boats (it can happen, has happened).

A $100/$300 non-refundable deposit secures your charter boat for the regatta. Contact me, Barb Short, either via email at barb@the-helm.com or by phone at 305-852-9298 (Tiki Water Sports) and ask for me.

Also, please take advantage of regatta rates for rooms at The Islander. To receive the regatta rate say the name of the regatta (Wave Nationals) and the dates (not at my fingertips - Nov30-Dec2?) and you will receive preferential pricing.

Thank you for your patience, some folks have been asking me about this for awhile and it took until yesterday to get it all coordinated. Cheers and see you there!