10/18/12 11:20 PM
10/18/12 11:20 PM
East Gippsland, Australia
Tim_Mozzie Offline OP
old hand
Tim_Mozzie  Offline OP
old hand

No more waiting. This is coming up very soon on the 3rd & 4th November. There's one long distance race on Saturday (the Pulse Credit Union Challenge - open to all cats) and a series of short windward-leeward races on Sunday for the spinnaker Mozzies.

Notice of Race (entry fee not set yet)

Tim Shepperd
Mosquito 1775
Karma Cat
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Victorian Spinnaker State Titles [Re: Tim_Mozzie] #253729
10/21/12 01:14 AM
10/21/12 01:14 AM

T
thricebitten
Unregistered
thricebitten
Unregistered
T

Hi all,

the long race on the Saturday is good fun, I did it last year and highly recommend it. cool

Also talking to Tim, if you can't make both days don't worry, it will still be worth coming just for Sunday, because if they get 6 or more races in, there will be 2 drops. wink So you won't need to count missing Saturday in the series.

Combined with the fantastic local hospitality, you don't want to miss this weekend. Just take Monday off and combined with Cup Day you have plenty of time to enjoy the local ocean beaches, only minutes from Loch Sport and National parks, making the trip very worth while. grin

Re: Victorian Spinnaker State Titles [Re: ] #253754
10/22/12 07:37 AM
10/22/12 07:37 AM
Tim_Mozzie Offline OP
old hand
Tim_Mozzie  Offline OP
old hand

We have the entry fees now:
$20 for the long distance race on Saturday.
$40 for the rest of the series on Sunday for the Mosquitoes.

Tim Shepperd
Mosquito 1775
Karma Cat
Re: Victorian Spinnaker State Titles [Re: ] #253788
10/23/12 01:10 AM
10/23/12 01:10 AM
Victoria Australia
Petern Offline
Petern  Offline

Victoria Australia
Hi everyone.If you are thinking of coming and staying Saturday night you are welcome to stay at my place in Loch Sport.I have room for camping and some floor space,let me know if you are coming.
BYO everything.
Peter N

Re: Victorian Spinnaker State Titles [Re: Petern] #254086
10/29/12 02:24 AM
10/29/12 02:24 AM

T
thricebitten
Unregistered
thricebitten
Unregistered
T

Hi all,

weather is looking good, about 20 degrees both days and wind also around 10-15 knots from east which is all offshore.

Dead flat water and wind smile I can feel a awesome weekend of sailing coming up.

Make sure, your part of it, get to Loch Sport.

Re: Victorian Spinnaker State Titles [Re: ] #254327
11/05/12 01:18 AM
11/05/12 01:18 AM

T
thricebitten
Unregistered
thricebitten
Unregistered
T

Hi all,

what a great weekend. Loch Sport really turned on the weather and the Boat Club the hospitality smile . Not forgetting the magnificent accomodation at "Chateu Nikitin" wink . The fleet was smaller than normal, but with the Nationals on the Gippsland Lakes in only a few months time probably understandable. The fleet consisted of "Immunity" sloop rigged and "More Splashes of Brilliance", "Catalyst", "Thrice Bitten", "Bee Alert", "Bite Me" and "The Joker" cat rigged.

2 hours of long distance race on Saturday in 20 knots was awesome with some close sailing over about 20nm, finishing with only a minute between "Thrice Bitten" first and "Catalyst" second whistle .

Sunday the wind was light early but gradualy picked up, after a postponement on shore racing got under way about 12 noon. What followed was one of the best afternoons of racing ever, with the wind building from 8 to 15 knots during the afternoon, on dead flat water cool . Back to back racing doesn't really describe it, as 6 races where run by about 3.30pm shocked . "The Joker", and "Catalyst" spent lots of time near the front and "Bee Alert" had "smokin" speed but had a problem with over heating and had to cool off. After race 4 "The Joker" and "Thrice Bitten" where even on 2 wins each, but the wheels fell off for "The Joker" when start line pressure was applied cry . After 6 short races "Thrice Bitten" finished with 4 wins and "The Joker" 2 wins.

There was the chance of a 7th race, but the youngsters had all had enough, so "Thrice Bitten" had to be content with finishing the weekend with a 8km run this morning to use up all the Carbo Loading (liquid form) energy that wasn't used sailing and left wondering why the young fellas where complaining about the sailing being hard work crazy .

Special mention must go to "Bite Me" who rigged the boat with spinnaker for the first time Sunday morning and got through the day with out a capsize, I think that is a first, but shows just how good the sailing conditions where.

Can't wait for the Nationals grin.

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 539 guests, and 120 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022