01/01/13 02:15 PM
01/01/13 02:15 PM

D
DUH
Unregistered
DUH
Unregistered
D

We haven't had much cat racing in Central Florida in the past few years except at Lake Eustis Sailing Center. I had a meeting with the Lake Monroe Sailing Association last month and they are inviting cats to do the Trans-Monroe race on March 2nd. It will likely be a two lap race around Lake Monroe (approx 24 miles). They are also fully behind Sarah and I for 2016 and they are donating a portion of the proceeds for the event to the Newberry/Casey team! Again, we are seeing monohull clubs embrace us and I'm proud to be a part of it! I've always supported the melding of the 'classes' and we're going to give a presentation about the new Olympic boat, our team, the process we are going through, and the future of the sport. Let's have a strong multihull showing for the event! They have plenty of space for us on the shores of the lake and it's definitely something new for us to do. Thanks to everybody for the support so far! Here is the official release from LMSA:

The Lake Monroe Sailing association is happy to announce the 25th Annual Trans-Monroe Regatta on March 2nd, 2013.

Each year the Lake Monroe Sailing Association remembers William "Bill" McVay by hosting a race that circumnavigates Lake Monroe in Sanford Florida, The Trans-Monroe. Bill McVay built and sold Victoria Sailboats from the very spot where the Lake Monroe Sailing Association is located today. The overall winner of the event is awarded the Bill McVay Perpetual Trophy.

This year, we are honored to announce that a portion of the proceeds will be dedicated to the Newberry/Casey 2016 campaign for their quest to the Olympics. Seminole County resident and LMSA member, John Casey and his teammate Sarah Newberry are launching their quest for the 2016 Olympics in the Mixed Multihull Division on the Nacra 17. As sailors and stewarts of our sport, the Lake Monroe Sailing Association will continue to help promote and support not only our local sailors but all sailors for our sport of sailing. Please join us by attending this event. For more information on the Newberry/Casey campaign please visit their website at www.usamultihull2016.com/.

We have attached our announcement of the Trans-Monroe for sailors to hold the date and participate in this event. We ask that you post, blog and help get the word out to all sailors to come and sail in this event. On January 1st, we will open registration on the Regatta Network, so keep checking there for the NOR and registration forms. Please visit us on Facebook or our website for more information on the 25th Annual Trans-Monroe and other events.

The Lake Monroe Sailing association would like to thank everyone for continuing to support Sailing in Seminole County on beautiful Lake Monroe. Without your support we could not be able to hold these great events.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Trans-Monroe Race 2013 [Re: ] #255951
01/01/13 06:05 PM
01/01/13 06:05 PM
Bob_Curry Offline
old hand
Bob_Curry  Offline
old hand

I always liked sailing on Lake Monroe!

The big question is: Is there an adequate launch area for cats?

Happy New Year!

BC wink

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!
Re: Trans-Monroe Race 2013 [Re: Bob_Curry] #255955
01/01/13 10:21 PM
01/01/13 10:21 PM

D
DUH
Unregistered
DUH
Unregistered
D

Hey Bob,
That was one of the first questions I asked the LMSA. There is plenty of space for us.

I remember sailing Prindle 19s on Lake Monroe back in the day. I think I was 14 years old and you were one of the leaders of the fleet. It was part of the series then. I was a B fleeter. I think it was the Gold Cup points series or something like that.

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TimTT), 603 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022