Happy new year to all. I hope every one got through the festive season unscathed.

I have just spent a few days working on the Blade and it is coming along nicley.

The over exposed photos show one of the hulls being held in shape by some wire and a brace. The inside has been glassed in these photos. The out side was glassed today, and I will now wait until I get back from my holidays on the 17th to steam them into their jigs. This will give the glass plenty of time to cure.

What's involved ? 1st, you need the space. 2nd, you need the right tools,( in my case, improvising and borrowing helps)
3rd, you need lots of patients. (Measure twice, cut once)
4th, you will need a set of plans. 5th, A spare set of hands to help occasionally won't go astray.

The plans I bought were the draft set,and they are well set out in plain English with lots of photos. I know the final plans being drafted now are even more comprenshive.

So far I have only added $99.00 to the cost. That was for the glass, acatone and brushes.
And 2 solid days of work.

Considering I got a B for making a salad bowl at high school, while every one else was making out door furniture, I think I'm going ok.

I can't wait to get it on the water.

Stay safe every one and I will catch up with you later.

Regards Tony

Attached Files
27699-hull2.jpg (250 downloads)

Teach them how to think. Not what to think. Aus Blade 002