09/30/14 08:16 PM
09/30/14 08:16 PM
C
catarocket Offline OP
stranger
catarocket  Offline OP
stranger
C

If you haven't heard heres the scoop. 10 boats registered and 8 made the start. Had NNE winds 15-18 at the 7 am start and once out into the Bay it got progressively choppier. The start is off the YC point,practically right of the launching beach, but with the NNE winds it is somewhat sheltered until you get into the open section on the way to Destin. Kirk on the F20C had a problem with main beam bolts and had to withdraw 10 minutes into it. Myself on my ARC 22 had a problem with my carbon main beam ( an old repair gave way) and also had to withdraw. Andy Humpries on the C2 had rudder problems that couldn't be corrected on the water and also had to retire. 10 minutes into it and the fleet is down to 5 boats. The NNE winds made for a spin reach all the way to Pcola in the lee of the beach and from what I was told it was quite the ride! First inside the Pensacola pass was the Olympic N17 even after flipping twice on the way down with the chute up! Randy on his custom tri Scizzors was second in . Kevin Smith and Rundell Curtis on a H20 with a giant chute lost a rudder off P'cola beach and had to drop out. Jim Jeter was celebrating his 50th birthday and was soloing his F28 and was next in the pass. After a long one legged beat to windward for the trip back the N17 was first to cross around 5;30 pm and Randy followed soon after. Obviously the N17 corrected out firstThe wind direction stayed the same but dropped to 8-10 knots in the later afternoon. Huge congrats to those that made it the distance !

Ashley Sukalowski(FWYC fleet captain) did a great job with the race and the sailors enjoyed a Friday night taco bar and keg, Saturday night live band in the bar and party, and an awards presentation with bottomless Mimosas!

Discussions have already started for 2015 in the hopes we can continue to get this event back on track and make it fun for all.Any suggestions much appreciated!

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: RTI Results and Story [Re: catarocket] #275715
10/01/14 03:35 PM
10/01/14 03:35 PM
Memphis, TN
A
Andy Humphries Offline
journeyman
Andy Humphries  Offline
journeyman
A

Memphis, TN
If it's spring or summer, you get a better chance of a spin ride or jib reach all the way around as the wind typically starts E or SE and clocks right to SW. We should try to avoid an East wind as tacking in the narrows is painful.

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 446 guests, and 94 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022