So at Cap Leuwinn, he is 1 day 12 hours and 19 minutes ahead of Francis Joyon.

On Sodebo website, there is a small article with a bit more details about the Cap Leuwinn landmark: Thomas explained that it has been fog and continuous rain for the past 5 days. Ambient temperature is 0°C to 1°C; with the wind factor, more like -5°C. And he almost lost a jib.

"
It was night time, the boat was going really fast; 25 to 30 knots. I was going to change jib and lower a sail of 140 kg, about twice my own weight. I was putting it down when one of the sheets fell in the water. With those speeds, the sheet was pulling the sail into the water; I reacted very quickly and just in time to catch it. I even burnt my hands in the process to avoid for the sail to fall in the water. I was able to recover the sail and the sheet. It took me 1h45m. I was exhausted. It ended up well. I was all sweaty and freezing at the same time.

The hardest part this time around was a few days ago; I had 7 to 8 meter swells, I felt the boat was really small and me even smaller. The Indian Ocean is the worst place on the planet; each time, I tell myself that it is not a place for men, but a place for birds.
"