12/07/16 01:53 PM
12/07/16 01:53 PM
Columbia South Carolina, USA
dave mosley Offline
veteran
dave mosley  Offline
veteran

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and other areas of their life, such as work or school.

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:
•Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
•Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
•Exaggerating your achievements and talents
•Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
•Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
•Requiring constant admiration
•Having a sense of entitlement
•Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
•Taking advantage of others to get what you want
•Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
•Being envious of others and believing others envy you
•Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

When to see a doctor

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong — doing so wouldn't fit with your self-image of power and perfection. People with narcissistic personality disorder are most likely to seek treatment when they develop symptoms of depression — often because of perceived criticisms or rejections.

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284093
12/07/16 01:54 PM
12/07/16 01:54 PM
dave mosley Offline
veteran
dave mosley  Offline
veteran

just sayin....

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284095
12/07/16 03:47 PM
12/07/16 03:47 PM
Bob_Curry Offline
old hand
Bob_Curry  Offline
old hand

I thought this thread was dead after Nov 9. Ice cold Dr. Pepper here!!

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Bob_Curry] #284103
12/07/16 11:16 PM
12/07/16 11:16 PM
“an island in the Pacifi...
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Snails - 1
Trump - 0

Snails accomplished what 16 Republican primary opponents and Hillary Clinton could not: defeat Donald Trump. The US president-elect just withdrew plans to build a massive seawall that would protect his Irish golf resort from rising sea levels caused by the climate change that he previously said is a Chinese hoax. Environmental activists opposed the development that would have extended 1.7 miles (2.8 kilometers) on Doughmore Beach in the Atlantic Coast village of Doonbeg, claiming that construction of the 15-foot limestone wall would have destroyed the EU-protected Carrowmore Dunes sand dune habitat that is home to the rare prehistoric snail, vertigo anguistor.

While Trump has recently waffled on his past statements denying the human connection to climate change and promising to withdraw the US from the Paris climate agreement, the documents submitted for the seawall in May were quite clear about the impact of climate change, stating that “rising sea levels and increased storm frequency and wave energy associated with global warming can increase the rate of erosion.”

US Sail Level 2 Instructor
US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284109
12/08/16 08:49 AM
12/08/16 08:49 AM
B
brucat Offline
Carpal Tunnel
brucat  Offline
Carpal Tunnel
B

Seriously? Most people here despise obedience to authority (just mention US Sailing and see what happens), and I recognize at least half of the Narcissistic traits in many, many posts on this site.

Hopefully, that's all just an artifact of communication via this format; otherwise, we're surrounded by maniacs...

Mike

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284118
12/08/16 07:45 PM
12/08/16 07:45 PM
Bob_Curry Offline
old hand
Bob_Curry  Offline
old hand

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Bob_Curry] #284130
12/09/16 10:59 AM
12/09/16 10:59 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's all in the numbers Todd.

President Obama's overall approval rating is at 50%. However, while his favorability with Republicans is 9%, it is only 5% of Trump voters.

Trump voters live in a virtually fact-free or made-up-fact environment.

The stock market under President Obama soared. The Dow Jones Industrial average went from 7,949.09 to 19,614.91, again, up 11,665.72. In other words, it more than doubled. 39% of Trump voters think the stock market went down under Obama.

Unemployment dropped from 7.8% to 4.6% during the Obama administration. Clinton, Johnson, Stein and other voters are well aware of that fact. But not Donald Trump voters; 67% of them believe unemployment rose under President Obama.

40% of Trump voters believe that Donald Trump won the popular vote.

60% of Trump voters believe that millions voted illegally for Clinton.

73% of Trump voters believe that George Soros paid Trump protesters.

29% of Trump voters believe California vote should not be included in the popular vote.

"I think it shows that even after the election, what Trump voters believe about the world is distinctively different from what the rest of the country believe. And from what is true. And this is an alternate reality that they are in, -- it is weird enough and specific enough that you can't say it just springs from broader a misunderstandings or from a broader ignorance on issues that afflicts the country.

And this is a specific alternate reality that was created by the Trump movement for a political purpose. And it worked for that political purpose. And now as the Trump administration takes shape, they have to know that they are in power thanks to their voter base that has these false beliefs about the country.

False beliefs about the country, false beliefs about the economy, false beliefs about the outgoing president, false beliefs about what California is. In terms of what happens next in our country, it seems important to know this incoming president basically created this fantasy life for his supporters."

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284134
12/09/16 06:36 PM
12/09/16 06:36 PM
Punta Gorda, FL
J
jkkartz1 Offline
addict
jkkartz1  Offline
addict
J

Punta Gorda, FL
Mr. Curry,

As I remember, you are retired military, I thank you for your service. However I must object to your tag line. I find it to be insulting, petty and just plain wrong.

The America Civil Liberty Union has protected the civil rights of all America citizens that we have under our constitution. They have protected your right to say what you have said about them.

You and I are close to the same age, so you probably entered the service in the Vietnam era. A conflict spearheaded by 2 chicken hawk presidents. Our young men should not have been sent there.

As you were in the military, I must ask, was every soldier of the Christian faith?

Were there any Atheist's?

Any Shinto's, Buddhist's or Muslim's?

Or are they also SOB's?

As far as toughening up, I will do just as I did after Nixon was elected. I will deal with it and not act like Mc Connell & Boehner and doom him from day 1.

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: jkkartz1] #284135
12/09/16 07:05 PM
12/09/16 07:05 PM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Originally Posted by jkkartz1

You and I are close to the same age, so you probably entered the service in the Vietnam era. A conflict spearheaded by 2 chicken hawk presidents.

As you were in the military, I must ask, was every soldier of the Christian faith?

Regarding Viet Nam, I believe Eisenhower got us into this and Kennedy started the escalation... both of these were decorated WWII Vets... as was Johnson who kept us there and was awarded, even though he was a naval officer, the Army Silver Star in WWII. Also, Nixon who ended the war was awarded two battle starts for service in the South Pacific... None of the Viet Nam era presidents were chickenhawks..

In answer to your second question... there are no atheist in a fox hole.. just saying....

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 12/09/16 07:11 PM.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284138
12/10/16 01:52 PM
12/10/16 01:52 PM
Punta Gorda, FL
J
jkkartz1 Offline
addict
jkkartz1  Offline
addict
J

Punta Gorda, FL
Chicken hawk may be the wrong descriptor of these men.

Ego driven men without the will to admit that made a mistake and correcting it may be more appropriate.

Please refer to Robert A. Caro's biographies of LBJ for a better history.

The best way to support our troops is to not send them on foolish missions.

Are you absolutely sure of your second response?

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: jkkartz1] #284140
12/11/16 10:48 AM
12/11/16 10:48 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Ego driven men without the will to admit that made a mistake and correcting it may be more appropriate.

Kennedy was advised by both Eisenhower and Douglas MacArthur to pull out of Vietnam... Eisenhower was tied to lending support to the French and the newly established South Vietnamese government as part of the Paris Treaty at the end if WWII... terms agreed to by Truman.

Some say the Kennedy wanted out and this may have cost him his life...

Some say that Johnson saw the writing on the wall after Kennedy was hit a decided to go along with what Eisenhower referred to as the Military Industrial Complex..

So lets sum this up...

Ho Chi Minh approached Truman (a democrat) after assisting the US in fighting the Japanes to help in establishing a free country... Truman said no..

Eisenhower (a republican) gave aid and advisors to South Vietnam to help in the fight against the communist. But, refused to escalate it beyond that.

Kennedy (a democrat) escalated the conflict with more aid and ground and air support.

Johnson ( a democrat) further escalated the war and this cost him his presidency... that is he chose not to run and ran from the problem..

Nixon (a republican) ended it...

Score D-3 R-2.. looking at the scoreboard... looks like team D has the bigger ego Huh!

You forgot one name Robert McNamara - he should have been hung for treason... I my mind he was the true culprit behind this.... Or at least all of his CEO buddies

jkkartz1, for tomorrows class be prepared to discuss the Bay of Pigs and the events leading and including the Kennedy assassination.. cool

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 12/11/16 10:49 AM.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284148
12/12/16 06:12 AM
12/12/16 06:12 AM
Punta Gorda, FL
J
jkkartz1 Offline
addict
jkkartz1  Offline
addict
J

Punta Gorda, FL
No matter it was a mistake made by several presidents.

Hopefully we have learned something from it.

Would you care to address Mr. Curry's ACLU comment?

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: jkkartz1] #284151
12/12/16 09:24 AM
12/12/16 09:24 AM
V
Ventucky Red Offline
veteran
Ventucky Red  Offline
veteran
V

Would you care to address Mr. Curry's ACLU comment?

Sure, I'll bite

The ACLU is a Necessary Evil... they have done some good and bad... and sometimes they should just mind their own business..

To their credit, the stood with the Nazi/Skinheads; which was politically incorrect even back then, when they wanted to march in Chicago in defense in their right to free speech. As well as Brown v. Board of Education. Regarding Brown, a lot of liberals really championed this but once the law was passed, nothing really happened... Care to take a guess at who really enforced school desegregation?

As for the bad, I don't like that fact that due to the diligent work of the ACLU, in many cases a criminal has more rights than the victim's of their crimes. I can't seem to recall the ACLU standing up for victims rights.

As for minding their business; recently, there was a HS football game where they we're honoring first responders and alocal fallen hero... innocent shite. But this tweaked the ACLU to the point where the sent a letter to the school district noting that this was a direct protest and an injustice to the pro athletes who have taken a knee during the National Anthem, following the actions of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 12/12/16 09:34 AM.
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: jkkartz1] #284152
12/12/16 09:26 AM
12/12/16 09:26 AM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
it is humorous to see all these "simple" answers on how to "fix" foreign relations.

But thank you to those who are posting some of the information which demonstrates it's not so simple when you really start to dig in...

Does isolationist policy really work?

Is global policing really the only answer? (Team America movie comes to mind)

Should the concept of foreign policy be designed only to advance American interest? If so, at what cost to the remainder of the globe?

Jay

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Ventucky Red] #284155
12/12/16 10:33 AM
12/12/16 10:33 AM
hobie1616 Offline
Carpal Tunnel
hobie1616  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
Kennedy was advised by both Eisenhower and Douglas MacArthur to pull out of Vietnam... Eisenhower was tied to lending support to the French and the newly established South Vietnamese government as part of the Paris Treaty at the end if WWII... terms agreed to by Truman.

Some say the Kennedy wanted out and this may have cost him his life...

Some say that Johnson saw the writing on the wall after Kennedy was hit a decided to go along with what Eisenhower referred to as the Military Industrial Complex..

So lets sum this up...

Ho Chi Minh approached Truman (a democrat) after assisting the US in fighting the Japanes to help in establishing a free country... Truman said no..

Eisenhower (a republican) gave aid and advisors to South Vietnam to help in the fight against the communist. But, refused to escalate it beyond that.

Kennedy (a democrat) escalated the conflict with more aid and ground and air support.

Johnson ( a democrat) further escalated the war and this cost him his presidency... that is he chose not to run and ran from the problem..

Nixon (a republican) ended it...

Score D-3 R-2.. looking at the scoreboard... looks like team D has the bigger ego Huh!

You forgot one name Robert McNamara - he should have been hung for treason... I my mind he was the true culprit behind this.... Or at least all of his CEO buddies

jkkartz1, for tomorrows class be prepared to discuss the Bay of Pigs and the events leading and including the Kennedy assassination.. cool

That's quite a history lesson Schwantz. Here's a recent quote from a guy who also made history.

Trump lives and thrives in a fact-free environment. No president, including Richard Nixon, has been so ignorant of fact and disdains fact in the way that this president-elect does. It has something to do with the growing sense of authoritarianism that he and his presidency are projecting and the danger of it is obvious and he’s trying to make the conduct of the press an issue not his own conduct.

What we have seen throughout the campaign is pathological disdain for the truth, a kind of lie and ease with lying that we have not seen before.
--- Carl Bernstein

US Sail Level 3 Coach
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284189
12/13/16 10:25 AM
12/13/16 10:25 AM
H
Hullflyer1 Offline
enthusiast
Hullflyer1  Offline
enthusiast
H

People who have all this contempt and hate is just a poison that they take in hopes that the other person dies

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284235
12/15/16 02:38 PM
12/15/16 02:38 PM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Did you see that while Michigan went Red, in Detroit area alone, there found more people had voted that had registered? Look it up

Thanks Stein for making it possible to point that out

Last edited by Todd_Sails; 12/15/16 02:39 PM.

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

'Long Live the Legend of Chris Kyle'
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284241
12/15/16 05:32 PM
12/15/16 05:32 PM
Naples, FL
waterbug_wpb Offline
Carpal Tunnel
waterbug_wpb  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Naples, FL
does Detroit allow on-site voter registration?

Can't imagine how you could walk up and vote without that provision...

Things are different here (registration closes 29 days before election and Photo ID verification at check-in)

Jay

Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: waterbug_wpb] #284248
12/15/16 10:08 PM
12/15/16 10:08 PM
42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Todd_Sails Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
Todd_Sails  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

42.904444 N; 88.008586 W
Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
does Detroit allow on-site voter registration?

Can't imagine how you could walk up and vote without that provision...

Things are different here (registration closes 29 days before election and Photo ID verification at check-in)

The way all states should be!!

F-18 Infusion
#626- SOLD it!

'Long Live the Legend of Chris Kyle'
Re: The media IS the Democraptic party! [Re: Todd_Sails] #284340
12/20/16 10:57 AM
12/20/16 10:57 AM
South Carolina
Jake Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jake  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Todd_Sails
Did you see that while Michigan went Red, in Detroit area alone, there found more people had voted that had registered? Look it up

Thanks Stein for making it possible to point that out

Facts matter:

Not "registered" but were logged by the poll station staff. They write down the person voting in a log book upon arrival and then the person votes. The votes vs. the log book didn't match at several precincts. In some cases there were more votes than in the log books, in some cases there were fewer votes than in the log books. It's definitely a good reason to do an audit to rule out or determine ill intent but there is a decent chance that it was human error and/or poor procedures or, even worse, shitty voting equipment that resulted in the discrepancies. For example; Machines were reported to have jammed when the voter feeds their ballots in and the vote gets nullified when the ballot is attempted to feed in a second time. Poll staff are supposed to correct the issue but may not have in many locations. Also notable is that 158 of the 392 precincts in Detroit where discrepancies were found were only off by 1 vote between the log and the vote tally and I can imagine that most of the others hovered in that single digit range. Wild numbers are fun but details matter.

My point is; because there are discrepancies doesn't automatically mean that someone was cheating. It should definitely be drilled into and the issues discovered.

Jake Kohl
Page 13 of 41 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 40 41

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 458 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022