08/03/17 09:00 AM
08/03/17 09:00 AM
North Carolina
A
abbman Offline OP
abbman  Offline OP
A

North Carolina
Please come join us for some excellent racing on one of North Carolina’s beautiful natural lakes. Lake Waccamaw is located in Southeastern NC and is the largest of the state’s “bay” lakes. Waccamaw Sailing Club is proud to announce our 44th Annual Indian Summer Regatta, October 14-15, 2017.

Many catamaran classes are expected to attend. Three boats makes a class! Tell your friends!

Lake Waccamaw Sailing Club is situated on a sandy shore along the lake. There are plenty of grassy areas for rigging and beach access for launching. We also have boat ramps if you prefer to launch in that manner. We have large male/female changing rooms, hot indoor and outdoor showers, and restroom facilities. We will be serving a catered chicken and BBQ dinner Saturday night under our large, spacious pavilion.

There is plenty of room to accommodate R/V and tent camping. Please pm me if you have any questions about camping or need help with lodging. The NOR contains details about accommodations. Feel free to pm me with general questions as well.

Online registration, as well as the NOR, can be found here:

http://www.waccamawsailing.com/racing/indian-summer-regatta

Monohulls are also welcome to attend this event. I know we all have friends that haven’t yet seen the light, but please tell them to bring their boat and join a variety of other monohulls on the water. Catamarans will have no issues.

*****Note to monohulls: Waccamaw is a shallow lake, averaging only 8-9 feet in depth. It is consistently 8-9 feet throughout the center of the lake, but retractable centerboards/keels are needed for launching at our facility. There is a state ramp that can accommodate deeper keels .*****

James
1983 Hobie 16'
-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Indian Summer Regatta, Lake Waccamaw, NC [Re: abbman] #287705
08/05/17 10:04 PM
08/05/17 10:04 PM
Hillsborough, NC USA
I
Isotope235 Offline
old hand
Isotope235  Offline
old hand
I

Hillsborough, NC USA
The Waccamaw Sailing Club is also going to host the Isotope Nationals at Indian Summer this year.

Re: Indian Summer Regatta, Lake Waccamaw, NC [Re: abbman] #287720
08/11/17 10:07 AM
08/11/17 10:07 AM
North Carolina
A
abbman Offline OP
abbman  Offline OP
A

North Carolina
That is correct. We are looking forward to having ya'll. Please encourage everyone to pre-register.

By the way, I have a lot of digital photos of your Nationals from last year at Waccamaw. I'd be happy to send them to someone in the Isotope community if you have a contact. I'd prefer to send them as a dropbox file as there are a lot of photos.

James

James
1983 Hobie 16'
Re: Indian Summer Regatta, Lake Waccamaw, NC [Re: abbman] #287992
10/12/17 09:10 AM
10/12/17 09:10 AM
Hillsborough, NC USA
I
Isotope235 Offline
old hand
Isotope235  Offline
old hand
I

Hillsborough, NC USA
Originally Posted by abbman
By the way, I have a lot of digital photos of your Nationals from last year at Waccamaw. I'd be happy to send them to someone in the Isotope community if you have a contact. I'd prefer to send them as a dropbox file as there are a lot of photos.

James

I'd be happy to get photos from last year's Isotope Nationals, and I'm sure Frank and Rhoda (the builders) would like them too. We'll be there this weekend and can arrange details then if you like.

Thanks,
Eric

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 409 guests, and 98 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022