Announcements
New Discussions
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [Re: northsea junkie] #289240
03/11/20 03:34 PM
03/11/20 03:34 PM
Memphis, Tennessee
Damon Linkous Offline

enthusiast
Damon Linkous  Offline

enthusiast

Memphis, Tennessee
Originally Posted by northsea junkie
A new fysical problem showed up last year: My knees are wornout and my kneedisc is rotten also.

So I could not bend my knee more than 100 degrees. I had to invent a new way of gybing

Wow, Impressive, how are you controlling your direction during the jibe?

I'm a little worried about whether you'd be able to right the boat and get back on if you capsize.

Be careful out there!

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [Re: Damon Linkous] #289241
03/11/20 03:58 PM
03/11/20 03:58 PM
Petten Netherlands
N
northsea junkie Offline OP
addict
northsea junkie  Offline OP
addict
N

Petten Netherlands
Thanks for your comment Damon

Righting the boat seems impossible these days. Besides I sail on a rough sea which makes a solo rigthing from me impossible.
Happilly I live in a small village with a professional rescueboat practically on the beach. The crew of the boat knows me very well and I know these guys from when they were 12 year!

In the 20 year that I live in this village they had to rescue me 2 times. But I try to keep it on that number, so I sail very carefull.

The direction of the jibe with my technique is ofcourse not as precise as with your face turned backwards sitting on your knees. I don't care.
Still I can jibe in high waves

ronald
RAIDER-15 (homebuilt)

hey boy, what did you do over there, alone far out at sea?..
"huh....., that's the only place where I'm happy, sir.
Re: going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [Re: northsea junkie] #289242
03/12/20 08:13 AM
03/12/20 08:13 AM
Petten Netherlands
N
northsea junkie Offline OP
addict
northsea junkie  Offline OP
addict
N

Petten Netherlands
In addition to my previous reaction to Damon, I like to add some comment about two questions:

The principle behind this gybe-technique is the manner you jibe on a sailing yacht. So you start moving to the leeside of the boat (on a cat you can even hang your legs overboard) and start turning off the wind.
On my cat I can do that steering directly with my arm or even with my feet. Then leading the sheet over my head when the sail comes. Turning on my bottom brings me to the other site of the cat (with no danger of getting tangled in my net tramp!)

The other topic is ofcourse my opinion regarding to not be able to right the cat after a flipover. I was always loudly condemming this behaviour.
Now being forced in that position, I have to humble admit that I changed that opinion. With the only excuse that I still am a sailing northsea junkie.

I will not give it up !!!!

ronald
RAIDER-15 (homebuilt)

hey boy, what did you do over there, alone far out at sea?..
"huh....., that's the only place where I'm happy, sir.
Re: going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [Re: northsea junkie] #289244
05/06/20 05:12 AM
05/06/20 05:12 AM
F
Fesako Offline
stranger
Fesako  Offline
stranger
F

In addition to my previous reaction to Damon, I like to add some comment about two questions:

The principle behind this gybe-technique is the manner you jibe on a sailing yacht. So you start moving to the leeside of the boat (on a cat you can even hang your legs overboard) and start turning off the wind.
On my cat I can do that steering directly with my arm or even with my feet. Then leading the sheet over my head when the sail comes. Turning on my bottom brings me to the other site of the cat (with no danger of getting tangled in my net tramp!)

The other topic is ofcourse my opinion regarding to not be able to right the cat after a flipover. I was always loudly condemming this behaviour.
Now being forced in that position, I have to humble admit that I changed that opinion. With the only excuse that I still am a sailing northsea junkie.

Please don't give it up and good luck!

Re: going downhill with my body leads to cat adaption [Re: northsea junkie] #289246
05/06/20 12:16 PM
05/06/20 12:16 PM
Memphis, Tennessee
Damon Linkous Offline

enthusiast
Damon Linkous  Offline

enthusiast

Memphis, Tennessee
....With the only excuse that I still am a sailing northsea junkie.

Not quitting is kind of the definition of a junkie! ;-)

I know you know what you are doing, at least you are allowed to get in the water!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 675 guests, and 98 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022