03/04/04 07:23 PM
03/04/04 07:23 PM
Reno, NV
pschmalz Offline
journeyman
pschmalz  Offline
journeyman

Reno, NV
Here I was thinking you did the impossible and found a pretty gal who shares your interests and isn't hung up on expensive gee-gaws and silly fru-fru, when the matriarchy steps in and shatters the dream.

Now that you've broadcast the situation, the Female Conspiracy is liable to kindap the poor woman and brainwash her so that she doesn't spoil it for the rest of them. For her own sake, buy her some jewlery! Just don't post about it here - I want to dream my silly dream.

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Harness Recommendation from Women sailors [Re: Tracie] #29021
03/04/04 08:20 PM
03/04/04 08:20 PM
BANNED
MauganN20 Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
MauganN20  Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel

BANNED
3.5 years now.

Boy.

Its been a long time. (ok for me!)

We met in the sailing club in college. We were on a trip down in Masonboro island, just south of Wrightsville Beach (my fav place to sail btw besides tybee island) and I was supposed to sail a JY15 back to the island (about 2 miles in protected water) in about 25 knots of wind. No problem. Well I'm standing there on the dock getting suited up and this chick comes up to me, asking if she can come along. Sure, she's cute and... well... The Tadster hadn't struck gold in a while

The boat had been rigged the previous day by someone other than myself who I was confident was competent. So we hop in, and push off from inside the L-shaped dock, instantly being broadsided by the strong winds. I end up missing the end of our keelboat's outboard by about 6 inches.

25 feet off the dock it comes to my startling attention that craig had accidentally (or intentionally, knowing him)put the tiller ABOVE the traveller line. Big uh oh. The sheet jammed against the stick, I couldn't blow sheet, and couldn't head up, we went over.

My leg went over the side and got on the board before she turtled. But Kate went over the side. She came back up smiling ear to ear, and grabbed my hat and reefs that had gone over in the drink and stuffed them in her pfd.

[Linked Image]
(grandparents old islander 17, heavily abused)

So that's how I met her. She loves sailing camping and acting like a pirate so she's perfect for me. I think I can get away with the harness and a NICE dinner since she appreciates time spent together more than frivilous trinkets. She learned to sail on mono's but all it took was one fast trip out on squalus and she was hooked, she has a trust issue with boats and after I nearly pitched, she's usually the one wanting to go sailing.

Re: Harness Recommendation from Women sailors [Re: Tracie] #29022
03/04/04 10:15 PM
03/04/04 10:15 PM
SE Virginia
D Wilkins Offline
D Wilkins  Offline

SE Virginia
Tracie,
That shackle Dennis put on the necklace was probably one I lost the pin to in the sand at Carolina Beach , while Dennis was inspecting the dunes.
"Theres always room for Jello!"
Doug

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 633 guests, and 169 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022