Hop To
Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA #30007
02/17/04 05:57 PM
02/17/04 05:57 PM
JohnFolds Offline OP
stranger
JohnFolds  Offline OP
stranger

I would like to share the expierence I had ordering parts from this company in hopes that you will not go through what I have gone through. I order the parts over the phone after 2 of my E-mails went un-answered. The process was quick and the man on the phone told me the parts would be able to be shipped out that day. He asked me for my Phone # and E-mail so he could tell me my total and send tracking info. Well that info never came. The one time I did try to get tracking info the man said he would call me back in 5 min. Well he did not call within the hour, I called back and asked to speak to him specificaly and he wasn't even in the store. After 2 weeks I once again called to get tracking info, and came to find out that my parts had not even left there store. I understand that there are times when parts are back ordered but they never once told me that that was what was going on. If that was not bad enough, even though the parts were at the store on the friday I called they wouldn't be able to be shipped until Tuesday! Well it has been over 3 weeks, I have missed a bunch of good sailing and I am still in the dark about my shipping information. The only reason I know the total cost of my parts is because my Credit Card company told me. So the only thing this company did remember to do is charge my card. There are alot of other places to order parts from and I would recomend finding one other than this one. I hope those guys sail like pros because they sure don't sell parts like pros.

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: JohnFolds] #30008
02/17/04 06:03 PM
02/17/04 06:03 PM
E
EdgarAPoe Offline
stranger
EdgarAPoe  Offline
stranger
E

I know Rick never says anything on this Forum, but I have ordered stuff on this sites store and I immediatly get a confirmation, and usually the same day or next I get an Email saying it was shipped and a website to chck it out.
There is the shipping info with tracking.
Hard to beat.
And right here in our back yard.;
Nevermore.
Edgar

Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: EdgarAPoe] #30009
02/17/04 06:19 PM
02/17/04 06:19 PM
Key Largo, FL & Put-in-Bay, OH...
Mary Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mary  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Key Largo, FL & Put-in-Bay, OH...
Well, I'm going to say something. I do not think it is right to bash any dealer or supplier publicly like this. There can be all kinds of things that get fouled up with an order. Computers can malfunction and lose orders or pertinent information. People get sick or have babies or fall off a mountain.

Mark Michaelson does a lot to support catamaran sailing. Don't trash his name and business over one screwed-up order.

Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: JohnFolds] #30010
02/17/04 09:18 PM
02/17/04 09:18 PM
California!
Inter_Michael Offline
Inter_Michael  Offline

California!
I have always had great service when ordering parts. Mark is a very busy and involved individual (and good for the sport of sailing)...

Sure, sometimes things happen, I am sure you will not have that problem again.

my 2 cents,

Michael

Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: JohnFolds] #30011
02/17/04 09:32 PM
02/17/04 09:32 PM
PA, Bucks
N
Nieuwkerk Offline
journeyman
Nieuwkerk  Offline
journeyman
N

PA, Bucks
John,

I'm sorry you had the experience you did with them. I can't say I had the same. I've ordered several items from them, and I found them to be helpful, responsive and timely.

If you haven't already done so, you should speak with Mark. He is a reasonable person and I'm sure he'll try to resolve your issue quickly.

Good luck!

Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: JohnFolds] #30012
02/19/04 08:24 AM
02/19/04 08:24 AM
Crofton, MD
Chris9 Offline
old hand
Chris9  Offline
old hand

Crofton, MD
Mark and his Sailing Pro Shop have been great! Great prices, on-time delivery, free advice if you ask, and he is almost always available! Like, someone else said, call Mark directly!

Chris Allen
Nacra 20 Gertie
www.wrcra.org
Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: EdgarAPoe] #30013
02/19/04 09:08 AM
02/19/04 09:08 AM
California
Sailing Pro Shop Offline
Sailing Pro Shop  Offline

California
John:

We spoke yesterday on the phone. I explained to you that we did make a mistake on your order and that I was willing to get the parts to you via 2 day air at our expense but that we needed you to confirm your name, the shipping address and that the credit card had in fact NOT BEEN BILLED under your name or the name you had given us. I don't mind raising my hand when we make a mistake in this case it was my fault personally as I had not specified that the traveler was supposed to be a used traveler to the guys shipping it but you can't expect us to ship something that hasn't been billed.

You claim above that it has been billed. As I explained to you on the phone yeterday (And waited until 5:30PM for your return call) we don't have a record of the charge under your name or the name on the card you were using. I am willing to make this order right but we can't send stuff out without billing it.

I'll be at work all morning if you want to call toll free and we can sort it out. I apologize for the error. It was mine, all mine. If you'd like to sort it out just let me know the date you think the item was charged and we'll go back through and have a look.

800 354 7245.

Mark Michaelsen

Mark Michaelsen http://www.sailingproshop.com (800) 354-7245
Re: Don't Order Parts from Sailing Pro Shop in CA [Re: Mary] #30014
02/19/04 09:11 AM
02/19/04 09:11 AM
California
Sailing Pro Shop Offline
Sailing Pro Shop  Offline

California

Mark Michaelson does a lot to support catamaran sailing. Don't trash his name and business over one screwed-up order.

Mary:

It is very kind of you to come to our defense. We are working hard to do a great job with every order and have come a long way since we opened our doors in 1987. I appreciate your understanding that not every order goes without a glitch and that we are here to try and solve these glitches as quickly as possible and to the customer's satisfaction.

Thanks again Mary...

Mark Michaelsen http://www.sailingproshop.com (800) 354-7245

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 668 guests, and 112 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022