I have been watching the discussion on the open forum about youth cat selections with concern and so maybe you all could give me some imput regarding my thoughts on this topic. As some of you know I feel the H16 which is the current youth ISAF boat should remain so but there are others who want to put in more expensive or less distributed cat designs as the youth cat, to promote F-18 or Tornado racing. As many of you know the H16 is sailed on 5 continents and is readily available where most other cats are only a dream or simply not desired. I have always stated that affordability is the major issue but unfortunately many on the open forum do not agree. I also feel that sailors with disAbilities should also be allowed to race against their AB peers using Trapseats on the H16. As we know the H16 is had on all 5 continents at a very affordable price new or used, and they are very cheap to maintain. My feeling along with other sailors from Europe and South American to name a few feel that we should start a youth Hobie 16 class and promote it big time and let the rest of the cat community pursue their more expensive options. How do all you feel about this, I simply see those with small incomes and those with disAbilities being eliminated from youth racing so maybe we as a H16 class should look within our fleets develop a new youth program.
<br>
<br>I would also like to mention that the 2002 Trapseat Worlds is now officially on and is being sanctioned as an Official ISAF World Championship Event, the first such event for multihull sailors with disAbilities, another first for the H16.<br><br>

Attached Files
3616- (79 downloads)