06/23/05 11:07 PM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
OH I forgot
10. the "female wifey" in a homosexual relationship (not that there is anything wrong with that)

--Advertisement--
Re: more fun [Re: Darryl_Barrett] #50592
06/24/05 12:28 AM
06/24/05 12:28 AM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
Well to answer your question SAMMY, we would keep "swapping" national insults about ourselves until the original perpetrator of the "insults" either got sick and tired of not getting the response that they desired and quit or everyone just cracked up laughing at the ridiculousness of continuing "schoolboy" arguments (a bit like your arguments on this forum when you think about it).

Re: more fun [Re: samevans] #50593
06/24/05 12:33 AM
06/24/05 12:33 AM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
AND as I said SAMUEL, I understand BIGOTED, and BIASED (and they would seem to fit) but what I want to know is, do you think that RED NECK also adequateley describes you? Just asking SAMMY, (nothing wrong with that)

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Darryl_Barrett] #50594
06/24/05 12:17 PM
06/24/05 12:17 PM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

Darryl,
Are you still President of the Alpha Omega Class?
Why do you hide your involvement in the other class and the boat building industry?
When will your f16 be ready for market?

When are you going to realize that I am not going to sink to a childish "pissing" contest with you?
You are doing a wonderful job of representing the f16 class and Australia.
Your wit, wisdom and large vocabulary must be attracting new sailors to the f16 class in droves.
I know that Phil Brander is very proud of the job you are doing.

Your counting needs a little help, you forgot " 9. "

So when KW insults the U.S again, we should insult him back until he makes a complete fool of himself?
But that would be stooping to your level and I don't want to do that.
I prefer to ask simple questions (in consideration of the audience) and watch him and his minions make fools of themselves.

You are right about the laughing. I am having a ball.

First you asked for my definition of "redneck" and now you are asking a different question.
Since you don't seem to know what a "redneck" is, it would be useless for me to use the term.
I repeat, do your own research, bring it back here and we can see who is a "redneck".

I see you have adopted KW's trick of using multiple posts to inflate the forum's total.
Does it really make you people feel special to turn one post into four or five in order to brag about a non-accomplishment?
So sad.

Spell my name anyway you want to.
SAMUEL is on my birth certificate.
Some people call me SAMMY.
Most people call me SAM.
I don't care.
An attempted insult from you is irrelavent.
You don't seem to understand how little I care about your opinion.
You are merely a tool to reveal the true nature of KW and company.

P.S
If we keep this up, soon nobody will visit this forum except the minions who want to argue with me
Maybe we can get Rick to change the name of this forum to SAM'S RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION FORUM

Wooter / Sam Show [Re: samevans] #50595
06/24/05 12:45 PM
06/24/05 12:45 PM
Wellington, FL-Singer Island, ...
cyberspeed Offline
old hand
cyberspeed  Offline
old hand

Wellington, FL-Singer Island, ...
I think we should start a new forum and move this thread there and call it the Wooter/Sam Show. I think it will be the most popular forum and it will draw more attention than hiding it in the F16 Forum.

Let everyone enjoy...

craig van eaton
Supercat 20
TEAM CYBERSPEED
www.TeamCyberspeed.com
Endurance Series
www.SailSeries.com
Re: poor little Darryl [Re: samevans] #50596
06/24/05 01:04 PM
06/24/05 01:04 PM
West coast of Norway
Rolf_Nilsen Offline

Carpal Tunnel
Rolf_Nilsen  Offline

Carpal Tunnel

West coast of Norway

If we keep this up, soon nobody will visit this forum except the minions who want to argue with me

That's in fact a viable concern.
I suggest that Sams non-productive posts are not answered, but that we welcome his productive postings.

I know the desire to retort to his taunts (thats really all they are, taunts), but we should not respond 'en-masse' and give him further opportunities to poison the official F-16 forum.

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Rolf_Nilsen] #50597
06/24/05 01:38 PM
06/24/05 01:38 PM
Essex, UK
Jalani Offline
veteran
Jalani  Offline
veteran

Essex, UK
I have to agree with you Rolf, although I also have to admit to having lacked the willpower to ignore him and have responded to his taunts - sorry. I'll endeavour to be stronger in future

As this is the official F16 forum we really should resist any attempt to poison/divert the emphasis away from genuine forum discussions.

Can't Rick bar Sam from posting to this particular forum as he does not have any real interest in constructive discussion, but merely seeks to annoy/irritate/flame/insult etc.?

He'd be welcome to continue on the other forums on this site....

John Alani
Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Jalani] #50598
06/24/05 01:41 PM
06/24/05 01:41 PM
Essex, UK
Jalani Offline
veteran
Jalani  Offline
veteran

Essex, UK
Hey Wouter!

I just got the [color:"red"] 5000th post! [/color] ! (At least it wasn't Sammy)

Crack open that bottle.

John Alani
Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Jalani] #50599
06/24/05 02:03 PM
06/24/05 02:03 PM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
Can't Rick bar Sam from posting to this particular forum as he does not have any real interest in constructive discussion, but merely seeks to annoy/irritate/flame/insult etc.?

He'd be welcome to continue on the other forums on this site....
Yes it can be done, but I do not think it will be done. It would be the best choice of action, seing how samevans does not add anything constructive to the F16 discussion.

To me he only bickers and attacks Wouter on a personal level and it happens to often in the F16 forums. Seing how Wouter post here a lot more than any other forums, it is only natural for Samevans to attack him here. But like you said it does not provide anything good as far as F16 goes.

It doesnt look good on the f16 community either. F16 wannabee sailors or any other forum lurker can see this as a problem in a class, when in fact it is NOT a class problem. It is a problem that is only on the personal level between Wouter and Samevans, yet seems to spill all over the F16 forums.

One way to resolve this as well, is to take the entire F16 forum and create another separate website/forum and go elsewhere. Sadly but truely the F16 class/community is affected by this, but Rick does not do anything about it. It is the administrations responsibilty to control forum content. On other forums all over the internet, personal attacks are grounds for banning or even deletion of post.

It is well over the top already and it should stop somewhere. Enough is enough.

Lets try to resolve the problem instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Robi] #50600
06/24/05 03:42 PM
06/24/05 03:42 PM
Dublin, Ireland
Dermot Offline
old hand
Dermot  Offline
old hand

Dublin, Ireland
[quote] It is well over the top already and it should stop somewhere. Enough is enough.

Lets try to resolve the problem instead of adding fuel to the fire.
[quote]

Don't worry Robi.
This happens every so often. The forum is fine
We all go a little crazy every so often. Sam will settle down. It usually only happens once in the lunar cycle
If we ignore him, he will go away until next month

Dermot
Catapult 265
Congrats ! [Re: Jalani] #50601
06/24/05 04:22 PM
06/24/05 04:22 PM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

I think it is fitting that you should be the one. Being new to the class and pretty involved in it.

Congratulations and the best of luck.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Re: Congrats ! [Re: Wouter] #50602
06/24/05 04:28 PM
06/24/05 04:28 PM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
Wouter, we already had this conversation. You and Me both are kinda tight on $$$$. Right now my boat needs minor repairs and modifications, plus I sold my beach wheels. So no $$$$ for a new website.

Skills are there, but not the funding.

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: samevans] #50603
06/24/05 08:49 PM
06/24/05 08:49 PM
South Australia
Darryl_Barrett Offline
old hand
Darryl_Barrett  Offline
old hand

South Australia
WELL WELL Sammy, Samuel, Sam (which ever you like - my my you really do imagine "insults" when they are not intended, don't you) I see that whenever you imagine, in your paranoia that some one is "getting a little to close to you for comfort", that you use all the resources available to you, to search for any "ammunition" that you THINK will annoy or upset them? Extracting information from previous posts and trying to use them against someone seems to me like the "biggest pissing contest" that you could engage in. I am sorry for you if you could find nothing better than a little innuendo to use that doesn't really fit the truth or fully suit your malicious intent at all; instead it makes you appear to be "clutching at straws". But YES YOU ARE RIGHT (that must sound strange to you, I would bet that no one has ever said that about any of your ignoramus verbal toiletries before?) rather than being an entertained "spectator" of your ridicule of yourself, I have unintentionally been drawn into a being "player" and I really don't like myself in that role. So farewell Sammy, I will in some perverse way miss the hypnotic pleasure of myopic converse with you
p.s. The number nine was not left out "unintentionally" that was “placed” as a "Freudian" character insight key that I am glad you have answered. And one other small point of your inaccuracy (among many that I will resist the temptation of discussing) I am not, do not and have no intention of in the future, of "representing the formula 16" class in Australia" I don't know where that little gem came to you, and the only reason I will answer you on that point is because it is totally incorrect (and we can’t have you being accused of telling "porky pies" now can we SAMMY, it could ruin your reputation as a "crusader for truth, justice, and the American way!!!)
YOU DO AMERICA PROUD SAMUEL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (who needs terrorists to tarnish the stature of the US when there is SAMMY)

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: Jalani] #50604
06/25/05 07:20 PM
06/25/05 07:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi all,

I avoid these threads like the plague. But as much as I hate to add to it I will, hopefully just this once.

I may be overly sensitive but I don't find any enjoyment in this type of discussion, like some see to. I certainly wouldn't carry on like this in a public place and that is what is being done here.

I am presently trying to promote the class in OZ and part of that was promoting how active a forum F16 has, but I now worry about promoting this forum because if new people come to it and find this sort of carry on, nothing to do with sailing it won't do any good for the class.

If This was my first intro. to F16 class a couple of years ago I would not have continued to come to this forum. However I know how helpful and supportive it can be lets just get back to that.

If Rick won't do something about these posts and we can't take it elsewhere, just ignore them please, some of us are trying to promote sailing F16's.

I know many of us already ignore them, but unless we all do they will keep coming to the front page.

Let's keep it positive and supportive.

Regards Gary.

Re: poor little Darryl [Re: ] #50605
07/01/05 05:43 PM
07/01/05 05:43 PM
Looking for a Job, I got credi...
scooby_simon Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
scooby_simon  Offline
Hull Flying, Snow Sliding....
Carpal Tunnel

Looking for a Job, I got credi...
Scooby,
You haven't been paying attention.
On the day of the Texel, KW and Tim met for a sail 60 miles south of the Texel site.
They even posted pictures ON THIS THREAD showing them hanging out on the beach and not sailing.
KW bragged about "5 race days I participated in over the past 2 months".
I checked my facts before I posted.

Oh yes I have. Wouter went for a beer close to home. Have youy been to Texel, I guess not, you don'y know what is involved in getting there. It's not really just a day trip it's a whole weekend or more.

Please check your facts.

Oh, and grow up and go sailing.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here
Hey now! [Re: scooby_simon] #50606
07/02/05 11:51 PM
07/02/05 11:51 PM
Charleston, SC
NCSUtrey Offline
old hand
NCSUtrey  Offline
old hand

Charleston, SC
Ok, so I'm up late and I find this post...very entertaining. First of all, I am proud to be one of these so called "red-necks." I wouldn't trade my southern heritage for anything. BUT...according to Jeff Foxworthy, King of Redneckdom, you actually lose points on the redneck scale if you own a sailboat. Therefore, Sam is not a redneck. I, on the otherhand am because I drive a pickup truck, I do my drinkin' from a Dixie cup, and county music is what I love (and rock). I also have a dog that is better trained than most adults. Therefore, all these things cancel out the sailboat (all 3 of them ), and leave me with a few points on the redneck scale. That, my friend, is what a redneck is. While there are varying degrees of redneckness, the term is most commonly used as an insult, when in fact the term "white trash" is more appropriate. Once again, Sam is not "white trash" either. I do know Sam, and see him at most every regatta, so I can comment. At any rate, this post only serves to defend the careless use of the term "redneck".
Trey
N20 314
Layline Rigging
www.velocitysailing.com

Trey
Alright everybody, let it go ! [Re: NCSUtrey] #50607
07/03/05 05:02 AM
07/03/05 05:02 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
Alright everybody, let it go !

There is an understanding in place now and this thread should have drifted into the archives some time ago.

Somebodies post is going to have to be the last one in this thread and I say lets Trey's post be just that.

There is no point in relighting the bonfire so stop blowing on the ambles.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Re: Alright everybody, let it go ! [Re: Wouter] #50608
07/03/05 09:37 AM
07/03/05 09:37 AM
Key Largo, FL & Put-in-Bay, OH...
Mary Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mary  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Whether it is ambles or embers, yes, this thread is officially declared dead.

Re: Hey now! [Re: NCSUtrey] #50609
07/03/05 01:50 PM
07/03/05 01:50 PM
South Florida & the Keys
arbo06 Offline
Pooh-Bah
arbo06  Offline
Pooh-Bah

South Florida & the Keys
you "might could" be redneck if you have ever use a weed eater indoors.....

Eric Arbogast
ARC 2101
Miami Yacht Club
Re: Hey now! [Re: arbo06] #50610
07/03/05 02:12 PM
07/03/05 02:12 PM
Mary Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Mary  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Eric, PLEASE! This thread is dead! Let it rot in peace.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Damon Linkous, phill, Rolf_Nilsen 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 655 guests, and 139 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022