06/16/01 06:23 PM
06/16/01 06:23 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I just want to thank Mary and Rick for creating a user friendly forum with some accountability. I haven't added much lately to the general open forum after watching folks who actually contribute positively get bashed by anonymous "keyboard sailors" who couldn't navigate their way out of a paper bag....<br><br>

-- Have You Seen This? --
Not fool ourselfs to much, anonimous post possible #51
06/17/01 10:01 AM
06/17/01 10:01 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe
You can still get a fake mail adres (not that you'll need it to sign yourself in) and get access and harass people. still forum look s nice. Thanks. If only the subject lines could take more characters >=( Ah well.
<br>
<br>Wouter<br><br>

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Re: Finally a sailing forum for the civilized sailors. #52
06/17/01 11:41 AM
06/17/01 11:41 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hey Mark-
<br>
<br>You sound more like you're my age than yours...I am trying this new forum on a trial basis. As soon as I see the trash talk I will be gone again. Not that I would be missed! As you know my god daughter loved to read the old forum for stories about catsailing but when she quoted some comments off the site... my house was made Off Limits by her mom for letting her be exposed to that language. I see it still exists on the other site as of yesterday I read one post with the F word. How hard can it be to leave that out. No one is impressed with comments like that. Well she has moved away now but keeps in touch via email. Her mother has blocked this site but I think Scooter may read yours but is too bashful to post a comment. She loves catsailing but being away from me may stop her chances to go catsailing due to there not being a lake near where they live now.
<br>
<br>I enjoyed reading your mast saga. Having spent some time on a broken toy I tried to relate as best I could but that boat is hard to relate to if you haven't been on it.
<br>
<br>Fair winds,
<br>
<br>Thom<br><br>

Attached Files
43- (29 downloads)
This Forum has a Bad Language Filter #53
06/20/01 01:27 PM
06/20/01 01:27 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Good news! This Forum has an editable filter that replaces foul language with a "bleep"
<br>How's that for progress?
<br>Rick White<br><br>

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 431 guests, and 84 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022