07/22/05 05:48 AM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
Robi,
Those look like Flyer rudder head on your boat. Are they?
I have NO idea

I don't care how many F16's there are in the world just as long as those people are happy and sailing.
Thank you very much. Well said Mike![Linked Image]

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Taipan cost? [Re: BobG] #53530
07/22/05 07:53 AM
07/22/05 07:53 AM
Baton Rouge, LA
Dean Offline
enthusiast
Dean  Offline
enthusiast

Baton Rouge, LA
So, after an incredible amount of B.S., what's the cost of a Taipan?

Re: Taipan cost? [Re: Dean] #53531
07/22/05 08:14 AM
07/22/05 08:14 AM
Northfield,NH USA
bullswan Offline
Pooh-Bah
bullswan  Offline
Pooh-Bah

Northfield,NH USA
I'd like to know the cost as well.............
But can someone give it some context and rank the prices of comparable boats that have been mentioned in this thread so that it really means something?

Thanks,
Greg

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan
Re: Taipan cost? just 4k it ! [Re: bullswan] #53532
07/22/05 09:12 AM
07/22/05 09:12 AM
BobG Offline OP
addict
BobG  Offline OP
addict

Yeh I wanna know to because when I get one I'm trying to figure where my out riggers are gonna go? Are Taipans easy to milk?

Re: Taipan cost? [Re: Dean] #53533
07/22/05 09:43 AM
07/22/05 09:43 AM
North-West Europe
Wouter Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Wouter  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

North-West Europe

Why don't you go the classified section and see what Rick wants for it yourself ?

The info you seek is right there.

Comparisons. Rick sold his T5.7 earlier this year I believe (or late 2004) for less. That is what the discussion is all about

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands
Re: Taipan cost? Je verstand het nog niet ,Jongen [Re: Wouter] #53534
07/22/05 08:37 PM
07/22/05 08:37 PM
BobG Offline OP
addict
BobG  Offline OP
addict

I know what the damn thing cost I have seen both of the boats. How much does your Typhoon cost to make or is there a factory for that, do we have Typhoons in America ? How fast is it compared to a Mystere Twister the boat they copied the H tigerrrr from!" Bartender , bartender ".

Re: a few facts [Re: Wouter] #53535
07/23/05 01:20 AM
07/23/05 01:20 AM
Palm Harbor, FL, USA
L
Lance Offline
enthusiast
Lance  Offline
enthusiast
L

Palm Harbor, FL, USA
For new boats here is the AHPC website:
http://www.ahpc.com.au
They do not make the Taipan 5.7 as of 2004.
They do make the 4.9, A-Cat, and the Capricorn F18.
Speaking of the Capricorn does anyone know if there are any in the US yet?

I am the one who bought Ricks 5.7. For me the boat fits perfectly for what I want to do. I want to race to have fun and I want a boat that hauls a$$ in 8 knots of wind and won't kill me when I have to drag it across the beach during low tide to the trailer. For what I want the cost was well justified. I think I got an awesome boat at a great deal. If I was a competative racer I am sure I would have bought an F18 due to my current "sumo-sailor" status If I was more sveldt I would have probably went with an F16 due to it's versality of solo or two up sailing.

Lance
Taipan 5.7 USA 182
Palm Harbor, FL
Re: here we go again [Re: Wouter] #53536
07/23/05 11:38 AM
07/23/05 11:38 AM
samevans Offline
enthusiast
samevans  Offline
enthusiast

KW,
The fact that a boat with a higher(slower) rating occasionally wins is irrelevant.
Luck and crew experience can make up the difference in ratings, OCCASIONALLY.
The two Isotopes each won a race against the much faster Taipans.
That is not "Fair Racing", that is throwing dice.

The Isotopes had a choice of a small, varied Open Class or to "pretend" to be an f16.
You had previously drafted the Isotope into your first f16 efforts, but have removed them from your grandfather list.

No one has ignored the Taipans, on the contrary, I pointed them out, you didn't.
I "selected" the parts that you intentionally left out.
But you did show up with an over Class sized spinnaker off of your old Prindle and raced agaist the Class legal boats didn't you?
That shows a lot of "character".

Let's see, you claimed to be working on your boat on 10/05/01, you installed the last parts on 7/24/04, and you finally sailed on 7/25/04.
You claimed to have been "working" on that boat for THIRTY-THREE (33) MONTHS!!!.
Strangely, you never posted a single picture of the boat during construction, no matter how many of your class members asked.
Tell who actually built the hulls and platform.
You lied to everyone about when you started, how much,if any, progress was being made and when you were going to finish.
There was plenty of "smoke and mirrors".

You chickened out of the Round Texel (AGAIN) this year, with another B.S. excuse.
What is your definition of "regularly" and "alot higher"?
How many races have you won and how many regattas have you won?
Give us links to yours and my race results and remember that club races don't count.

Actually that is the way a Formula setup works. It limits a boats maximum performance by ruling on certain features. It does not force a minimum performance upon boats.

You can bring an underpowered, non-spinnaker and overweight boat to the F18 championships and race it first in wins (e.q. as an F18) with other F18's !

It all comes down whether, as the owner of such a boat, you would want to do such a thing. Apparently the Isotope sailors did just want such a thing at springfever 2002.

THAT is the way a formula class works. Nothing misleading about that

Well congratulations, you just beat Darryl for the most ridiculous statement contest.
What class forces "a minimum performance upon boats"?
Who in their right mind would buy a totally non-competitive boat and join a formula class where they have no chance of winning?
TOTAL B.S.

catman,
The purpose of an open forum is to allow everyone to voice their own, personal opinion.
It allows both sides of a disagreement to be voiced.
If false or misleading statements are used by either side, it affords an opportunity for the truth, the whole truth to come out.
How would you like it if you came here for the first time to ask about which boat to buy and one group of people lied about their boats?
They understated the cost, overstated the performance, and exagerated the numbers of their boats actively class racing.
Would you want everyone to ignore this and allow you to buy one of these boats without ever speaking up?
Or would you want a simple list of the non-participation by a class so you can make your own decision?

Darryl,
Again you flatter yourself.
I have never had a need to hide my identity.
I have always expressed my opinions openly without ulterior motives, unlike you.

Robi,
WHAT IS YOUR RANK AND DUTY ASSIGNMENT?
Are you ashamed?

samevans LOL [Re: samevans] #53537
07/23/05 11:57 AM
07/23/05 11:57 AM
St Petersburg FL
Robi Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Robi  Offline
Carpal Tunnel

St Petersburg FL
Robi,
WHAT IS YOUR RANK AND DUTY ASSIGNMENT?
Are you ashamed?
No not at all. But I answer what I feal like answering. At this moment, I dont feal like answering you. If anyone else is interested, I will answer without any issues via PM. My rank, title or rate is seriously NONE of your business.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 655 guests, and 139 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022