09/15/05 08:06 AM
09/15/05 08:06 AM
A
ArchAngel Offline OP
stranger
ArchAngel  Offline OP
stranger
A

Hello, I am just getting into sailing and would like to purchase my first Cat. My wife & I would like something that we could use for social week end sailing & eventually for regattas. I am a little confused about all the different kinds of Cats available & features.......I think I have narrowed it down to a few but would appreciate some advice from experienced sailors before I buy. I have been reading about the Hobie 16, Getaway, Wave...the Narca models & the G-Cat's. What are the pro's & con's of each? which company & model has the best rep for quality? Is most of the sailing at the beach or is there any sailing done on local lakes around here? Is there any place around the Tampa Bay area that We could rent any of these Cats to try out before we buy? I live in Tampa Bay so I would be sailing around this area mostly. Sorry about all the "newbie" questions, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ArchAngel

--Advertisement--
Re: Help w/1st Cat purchase [Re: ArchAngel] #57198
09/17/05 04:36 PM
09/17/05 04:36 PM
Dunedin Causeway, FL
David Parker Offline
old hand
David Parker  Offline
old hand

Dunedin Causeway, FL
Where are you located? Come by the Dunedin Causeway on Sunday and ask questions of the local heros. Saturday had lots of boats and good air. Sunday should be the same. You'll get a lot more info in an afternoon there than a month on a forum.

See you Sunday!

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 442 guests, and 104 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,404
Posts267,055
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022