The Columbus Day Regatta is this coming weekend, October 8 & 9. You must have sleeping accommodation on your boat to participate in this regatta because you have to spend the night anchored off Elliot Key. So we do not do this regatta. However, in the past few years we have held a fun day on the Saturday of the Columbus Day Regatta weekend. If the winds are strong enough, and from the right direction (read east), we have done a CABB Fun Day sail to Elliot Key. We sail to Elliot, have lunch, and sail back all in one day. Unfortunately, I have to work on Saturday, so I can't do the fun day. But if anyone else would like to do the fun day sail, you can plan on launching about 10:00 on Saturday, October 8 from the Rickenbacker Causeway. I would recommend that higher Portsmouth rated boats get started earlier so that all the boats arrive about the same time. There is a beach on Elliot Key where you can pull out and stop for lunch. If you would like to find out who else would be interested in doing this fun day, I recommend you use our forum to communicate with one another.

This is a great day to sail. The bay will be covered with all sorts of sailing craft which are participating in the regatta, or just sailing down for the floating party off Elliot. If any form of nudity is offensive to you, you should probably stay home Saturday. I wish I could be there, but can't. Have a great sail. I will post this on the forum so you can use this for the start of the thread of who is planning on going.

John McKnight