11/17/05 05:54 PM
Ontario, Canada
Captain_Dave Offline OP
enthusiast
Captain_Dave  Offline OP
enthusiast

Ontario, Canada
Let me set da mood!

There`s about five inches of snow on the ground this evening (unfortunately). It`s cold, and dark by about early dinner-time. I miss the water, I miss a good sail and a cold beer at sunset (O.K the beer`s still cold...actually really cold - it`s still in my car!!). In any event, I have genuine envy for y`all down south - where frostbite is something you only get during wart removal at the doctor. But, I digress (I hardly ever do that). As I await a new maritime book recommended by the famous "Jaime in the Desert" (currently back from "perform`n the mission"), I am reminded of one of my favourite poems - "Rime of The Anchient Mariner" by Samuel T. Coleridge. Over 200 years old (the poem - not Sammy) very deep and a big read, I waxed-philosophic that there may be a few here who might enjoy it.

I have posted the link here instead of in the "general discussion" forum because this is where I have made most of my posts to date. And, this is the forum where I`ve received most of my help over the past many months. So, with that in mind, I have provided this literary masterpiece (my blurb - not Sammy`s poem) for your intellectual reading pleasure. This, in order that you too can wax-philosophic on the mysteries of...Da Sea a a a a a a a!!!

...enjoy. http://eserver.org/poetry/ancient-mariner.html

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: Rime of The Anchient Mariner [Re: Captain_Dave] #61136
11/22/05 05:17 PM
11/22/05 05:17 PM
Minnesota
Jeff Peterson Offline
addict
Jeff Peterson  Offline
addict

Minnesota
"Rind of the Ancient Mariner" -That's a lime rind, isn't it ? So it's about some old geezer with a lime rind stuck into an empty Mexican beer bottle. Sorry, I'll stick to reading Jimmy Buffet lyrics !

Jeff Peterson
H-16 Sail #23721
Big Marine Lake, MN
Re: Rime of The Anchient Mariner [Re: Jeff Peterson] #61137
11/24/05 11:35 AM
11/24/05 11:35 AM
Ontario, Canada
Captain_Dave Offline OP
enthusiast
Captain_Dave  Offline OP
enthusiast

Ontario, Canada
Well, as much as I like the old poem, I must admit that Mr Buffet generally makes better sense!

Cheers!

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 485 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022