Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Inter_Michael] #64110
01/07/06 04:50 PM
01/07/06 04:50 PM
Nimrod Offline
enthusiast
Nimrod  Offline
enthusiast

I have yet to see a baseball forum say a brand A mitt is better than brand B…so nanny nanny. Or If you have a brand B mitt you cannot play.

I prefer the Rawlings Pro H Glove over the Wilson, and Muzino - it is made in America from real leather.

There ya happy

-- Have You Seen This? --
Re: All Boats Welcome [Re: Nimrod] #64111
01/07/06 07:31 PM
01/07/06 07:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These Wed. night races have been going on for over 20 years.
http://www.clearlakeracing.com/ All sailors are welcome and we party hardy after every race. The sport needs this kind of thing to survive. Look af the past. When I got started we had 150-200 boat regattas all the time. Now are lucky to have 45. Lets all work together. After all we are all SAILORS in the long run. Just differnet boats that all!

Doug

Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Inter_Michael] #64112
01/08/06 05:40 AM
01/08/06 05:40 AM
Switzerland
H2O_Sensations Offline
journeyman
H2O_Sensations  Offline
journeyman

Switzerland
Michael,

You are right, this forum (like many others) talk a lot about materials, companies etc.

In my point of view their are few reasons (and certainly many other) that could explain the reason why we are always looking for other experiences and tips.

- Price of the material is expensive and as such many people are looking for more interesting prices.
- As price are expensive people look closely at product quality...
- Having a good boat could help in going faster
- Many less sailing and even more Catsailor than Soccers, Baseball player... then less media talking about our sport (as less media talks about our sport, then we have to find other ways to communicate and exchange informations, tips and products...).

Well I'm convienced that we are not more interested than Baseball player in competition... we have more concerns in finding information on paper, magazine etc.

Open forum means open... in my point of view this is a great forum.

Regards,
Jr

Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Inter_Michael] #64113
01/08/06 01:16 PM
01/08/06 01:16 PM
Long Island, NY
Catius Offline
Catius  Offline

Long Island, NY
...sometimes this forum is used to promote one kind of boat, one manufacturer...

It seems that when we get into "product comparisons" on this forum, we usually focus on the characteristics of the boat. There's also value in all of us providing feedback on the characteristics and our experiences with the actual companies...Some companies serve their customers a lot better than others, and it's good that prospective buyers be made aware of that. Personally I've had some experiences with a certain manufacturer that will lead me to warn every catsailor to stay away from them.Things like unresponsiveness, a sucky website, no way to get in touch by phone...that kinds of stuff can cause as much grief as failures or performance issues with the actual boat.
Do you all think it is acceptable for us to provide matter-of-fact experience with cat suppliers?

Thomas Mystere 6.0
Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Catius] #64114
01/08/06 01:34 PM
01/08/06 01:34 PM
California
mmiller Offline
veteran
mmiller  Offline
veteran

California
Do you all think it is acceptable for us to provide matter-of-fact experience with cat suppliers?

Absolutely. I think we get useful feedback from the users here.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company
Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Catius] #64115
01/08/06 03:48 PM
01/08/06 03:48 PM
Lake Murray, SC,USA
Cary Palmer Offline
enthusiast
Cary Palmer  Offline
enthusiast

Lake Murray, SC,USA
Personally I've had some experiences with a certain manufacturer that will lead me to warn every catsailor to stay away from them.
Things like unresponsiveness, a sucky website, no way to get in touch by phone...that kinds of stuff can cause as much grief as failures or performance issues with the actual boat.

Or your boat is made in France and the US Dealer promotes it heavily but sorta supports it. Amazing how it' s left out of the catalog and parts list, but they sure do include it in their visuals . . .
Wouldn't be an example of that one anywhere?

CARY
ACAT XJ Special
C&C 24
Re: The Reason for the "Open Forum" [Re: Cary Palmer] #64116
01/08/06 04:31 PM
01/08/06 04:31 PM
California
mmiller Offline
veteran
mmiller  Offline
veteran

California
Yeah, the Tiger still isn't a top volume seller in the Hobie line, so it doesn't get the catalog space that many of the other models get. We have limited space for parts diagrams, so only the biggest volume boats have diagrams in the catalog. All diagrams are available on our website though. http://www.hobiecat.com/support/pdfs/tigerparts.pdf

Tiger parts will likely be added to the numerical section of the catalog parts listing this year. http://www.hobiecat.com/support/pdfs/price.pdf

We re-evaluate the best space use every year.

Hobie Cat Forums
Matt Miller
Hobie Cat Company
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Damon Linkous 

Search

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 666 guests, and 164 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Darryl, zorro, CraigJ, PaulEddo2, AUS180
8150 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics22,405
Posts267,056
Members8,150
Most Online2,167
Dec 19th, 2022