Hi all,

Recently there was some discussion about the Thomas Crown Affair boats? - I think it may have been the 'Dream Boat' thread?

Imagine my surprise then when on holiday in Turkey a week ago, I pulled back the curtain of our apartment and saw this:

[Linked Image]

I believe it's the boat sailed by Bob Gleason in the film? The other boat was 'Whiplash'.
Tom Cat's actually not in too bad a state but the UV has pretty much done for the sails and the running rigging.

The new owner (of just a few weeks) is a bar owner in Yashi-Ortakent, which is where we were staying. I spoke to the owner of a Rush 10 (nice boat) that is moored just nearby, and he is helping the owner of Tom Cat get her sorted. Apparently on her first outing in 10 knots the mainsail headboard 'exploded' (his words). Basically the UV has caused major delamination in the sail.

The intention, it seems, is to refit the boat this winter and then use it as a day sailer next season.

It's good to see this Morelli & Melvin boat will at least continue to sail and be enjoyed.

Attached Files
85019-tomcat.jpg (70 downloads)

John Alani