Breaking news !

Mixed Tornado crew of Roland Gaebler and Nahid loose out to a kiddies boat sailed by two adult males !

From the AHPC facebook page (the others are surprisingly quiet these last days) :

DAY 8: The day started well... But straight after briefing the wind dropped out. Everyone is currently enjoying the warmth (~18 degrees).

The sea breeze is expected to fill in early this afternoon. Enrique Figueroa (PUR), one of the Evaluation Panel member, will be sailing one of the VIPERs with Brett. Good luck guys... enjoy the ride!!

DAY 8: Racing got underway by 1:30pm. Have not got a full report yet, but according to Brett's twitter he says.... "Great day on the water at the Olympic trials, we saw a sunny 8knts and the VIPER again stamped its authority on the course... 4 wins from 6"

Just had a skype from Greg...

Brett did sail with Enrique Figueroa (PUR), one of the evaluation panel... They had a blast. It took Enrique 2 races to get the feel of the boat, and then got all bullets in the last 4 races. This was not enough for the pair so they double trapped on spinnaker back home after the finish for that added adrenaline shot.

The Tornado had the Gaebler's on board, and won one of the 6 races.

I think that everyone has realised how mighty the 16 ft VIPER is!!!!

There maybe no racing tomorrow as many of the sailors will be heading off home.

end quote AHPC faceboo page

I admit that I'm enjoying this unashamedly as there has been alot of negative comments on the F16's from Tornado related sailors over the last weeks. In some cases they were totally disrespectful or clearly untruthful. It was way beyond normal PR. Lots of this did however happen on sailing anarchy etc and not on catsailor.

Last edited by Wouter; 03/25/12 04:11 AM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands