Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
that is your ax... Making money off of the sailors?...
One of those sailors would be you correct?

So... do you really think that Rolex wants to give YOU, John Williams or any sailor some money for attending a regatta?.... Or do you think they want to give money to the Organization(s) to brand the sport and the event with their trademark?...

If you think they are giving you...the money .... I guess you could say.. US Sailing is taking the money.. or US Sailing is making money off of the sailors. I think that is fuzzy thinking!

Me... I doubt they want to give individual sailors squat... I think of the Rolex money as given to the organizations putting on the show.... that would be US Sailing and the Yacht Club...

Why do you think anybody gives you a sponsorship...We are not a charity.... we are not doing good work... We are sailing and having a party.. The sponsor believes he will get something he wants.... It's a financial decision.

As ALSails noted... Johnny Lovell paid for his campaign out of pocket for the most part. THAT is the level of interest in giving money to sailors. Rolex is not giving sailors money that US Sailing is taking back or making money off of... THAT is a big lie!

Mark are you really this stupid or are you trying to be obtuse again. No one expects USS to give them money but with funds in hand the sailors shouldn't be charged or should be supplied with boats, something. That's what the money is supposed to be for.
If they aren't doing that and can't help our Olympic team (Lovell spent his own money) then why would anyone want to continue paying into them. It's all take.
With all your spin and argumentative BS I fully believe you'll corkscrew this into the ground permanently. I hope you prove me wrong.

Mike, if this
I see this as, US Sailing owns the event (we are US Sailing), and it is up to us to make it happen.

was the case then you and every member would have some control over things such as the amount of funds that go towards the regattas,etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case.I wish you the best of luck, and do stay optimistic.
I can't take anymore of Mark's BS twisting of every post.Too much like a douchebag politician. Stay at it Jdub, good luck.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White