Originally Posted by Mark Schneider

Ah ha..
Well no... He would have been invited had he won his Class NA's (elite sailor) OR he could have petitioned and the criteria are published on how the petitions were evaluated. Now ... if he did not care... he would not have spent his time or money to participate and use the charter boat.

I must be missing something because this seems to me to diminish the whole process.

Thanks
OK.... fact of life... we are in a BYOB championship period.
What should the championship look like???
We have 2 spin classes. 4 sloop classes and 4 Single handed classes.... All of whom hold NAs.

How would you put together a BYOB championship?

So your saying there are 10 NA champions? Because I stated that your area (their are 10 according to you) hotshot got beat by you. There is only one NA champion. Quit being obtuse. As far as how to put together your BYOB championship, does it really matter? No matter how you do it, it will carry less prestige than the nationals of the class that you use that year. It's just a regular regatta now. Why overthink it? I'll go ahead and answer that "Because it's what Mark does and that's why we love him." It was special because of what it was on rotated equal boats, it just won't be as special now, no biggie, just move on and accept that. I see the logic of why it was put so close to the F-16 Nats but I think you may have shot yourself in the foot on that one. I agree with Ding on this. Maybe it would be better to start fresh sans USS, even with a new trophy if need be. Like the mess with the Little America's Cup, 18 hts and Seacliff. I see alot of similarities.
Cliff notes: It's just a regular one design regatta now ,put it on as you would any other.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White