No doubt Ashby makes it look like a dream ride and top notch performer, but $26,000! Any deal with the boats in this shipment?

Folks,

Several items are driving the costs of this boat (and trust me, we in the A-Class are not happy about it either). Carbon prices have skyrocketed, literally doubled in price. One year ago, you could purchase a replacement mast for around $2,600, now it is around $4K. There is also more labor to building the Gel Tek because the beams are glued and they simply do an outstanding job. The Gel Tek is an excellent product.

Glenn Ashby makes little profit on these boats, keep in mind that most of the builders of high performance beach cats ARE NOT getting rich. They are trying to deliver a quality product to the sailing community at the best price they can.

I admire folks like Glen, Greg Goodall, Jim Boyer, Eigner, Bimare, Matt MacDonald (Vectorworks), Melvin-Morelli, and others who put their livelihoods on the line trying to bring high performance boats to the market.

Quit whining, no one is going to force you to buy one.

Bob Hodges

I ain't whining, just surprised that the market is there actually... but I have no doubt they are impressive boats to sail.